Hello everyone.

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

LuftAsher

Hello everyone.

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:05 am

The name's Asher, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Australia. I've been into flightsims for a long time, one of the first things I ever played was the old Combat Flight Simulator on Windows 98. That being said, I still feel like I have a LOT to learn. I was sorta on the lowest realism settings possible when I first started playing flightsims and my plunge into the real McCoy has been fairly recent.

All the same I'm very passionate about aviation and figured I'd have a much better time learning all this stuff alongside others, though I had my reservations about it due to my lack of TrackIR at this time.

If I have any say in the matter, I'd love to join the Luftwaffe, I've had something of a fascination with them as of late.

I look forward to flying with you all.

- Asher.

Casca
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
contributor

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by Casca » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 am

Hello!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 am

Hi Asher, welcome to ACG.

The ACG Luftwaffe are always looking to bolster their numbers (presumably to offset their other shortcomings) so I'm sure you'll be welcome. You're right about them being fascinating, in a 'look at this weird bug I found' sort of way :D

I think there are a few members who don't use TrackIR still so you won't be alone, though personally I couldn't live without it now. There are cheaper/free options for headtracking available and someone more awake than me can probably give you the details if you're interested (I think there's one called FreeTrack or something like that).

Anyhow, welcome aboard, hop into TeamSpeak most nights and you'll find someone around who can answer any questions, and someone from Luftwaffe high command will probably be along soon to get you fitted for your silly trousers and ceremonial sausage...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 am

Broadsword wrote:Hi Asher, welcome to ACG.

The ACG Luftwaffe are always looking to bolster their numbers (presumably to offset their other shortcomings) so I'm sure you'll be welcome. You're right about them being fascinating, in a 'look at this weird bug I found' sort of way :D

I think there are a few members who don't use TrackIR still so you won't be alone, though personally I couldn't live without it now. There are cheaper/free options for headtracking available and someone more awake than me can probably give you the details if you're interested (I think there's one called FreeTrack or something like that).

Anyhow, welcome aboard, hop into TeamSpeak most nights and you'll find someone around who can answer any questions, and someone from Luftwaffe high command will probably be along soon to get you fitted for your silly trousers and ceremonial sausage...
Ooooh you're cheeky, I like you :P

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:07 am

:lol: @ Broadsword

Hi Luft

Are you the chap that posted a comment on youtube? Welcome to ACG mate, the lack of TrackIR is not a problem at all, I started without it, there is another free equiv available that I'm sure someone will post a link to.

Anyway, pop onto teamspeak sometime and say hello, our next campaign mission is this Sunday at 7pm UK time - not sure what time it will be for you though?

Villiers

Post by Villiers » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:37 am

Hiya asher, we as the luftwaffe strive to kill the whitty RAF like broadsword here. I look forward to flying with you whether if you join the best staffel "5th" cough... See you there mate!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:38 am

Welcome LuftAsher

TrackIR alternatives for you
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... =18&t=2256
and
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... f=18&t=557

Being on the wrong side of the world are you able to make our campaigns @ 1900GMT?

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 am

Boyezee wrote::lol: @ Broadsword

Hi Luft

Are you the chap that posted a comment on youtube? Welcome to ACG mate, the lack of TrackIR is not a problem at all, I started without it, there is another free equiv available that I'm sure someone will post a link to.

Anyway, pop onto teamspeak sometime and say hello, our next campaign mission is this Sunday at 7pm UK time - not sure what time it will be for you though?
Yup that's me, the responses I got inspired me to take the plunge so to speak, and thus here I am. 7 PM UK time is 6 AM here if I'm not mistaken. It'll be a bit of a bitch, but I reckon I can make it. Girlfriend's not gonna like it when she spends the night and I'm up at a sparrow's fart to take to the skies :D

EDIT: Mulled it over again when I remembered that Sunday for you guys is Monday for me, which is still fine up until February when I start school again. Hmmm.. Gonna have to try and figure some stuff out..

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:30 am

Hei Asher.

A shame you fancy the Luftwaffe. You would be the only one of us being in the right state of mind. Getting up Monday 6 AM with some tea/coffee and maybe a piece of Toast before you call in at Dispersal.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 am

If it's immersion you're after then you can't be having coffee - there's a war on!!

Of course, if you really wanted to get into the war-time swing of it, you could always brew up some dandelion root coffee :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams