Hello everyone.

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Thaine

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by Thaine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:58 am

Bunny, I respect and love you as a squadmate and brother in arms. But you better not come between me and my morning coffee. ;) I'm sure the RAF has some reserves for their foreign officers from the north. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita)
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Luft, it doesn't matter, even if you can't make campaign you can still fly with us any other time. Campaign is pre-requisite for membership, and membership is pre-requisite for campaign, the rest is up to you.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Osprey wrote:Luft, it doesn't matter, even if you can't make campaign you can still fly with us any other time. Campaign is pre-requisite for membership, and membership is pre-requisite for campaign, the rest is up to you.
So without turning up to the campaign missions, I'd essentially be an outsider?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Yes. See here:

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... f=3&t=1086

In practice the missions aren't every Sunday of the year, about 75% I reckon, and then as long as you are about for at least 50% of them you aren't going to be bollocked for that.
So it's your choice, and most of the stuff that goes on here you can join in anyway, we are only strict on campaign (and sometimes when we do movies).

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Osprey wrote:Yes. See here:

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... f=3&t=1086

In practice the missions aren't every Sunday of the year, about 75% I reckon, and then as long as you are about for at least 50% of them you aren't going to be bollocked for that.
So it's your choice, and most of the stuff that goes on here you can join in anyway, we are only strict on campaign (and sometimes when we do movies).
As much as I'd love to be there for all of them, Mondays (your Sunday) I have class starting at 8:30 AM. It's a shame as I was quite excited to be a full member of what looks to be an awesome community.

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Timezones are a bitch, it's true. And frankly it's a shame since in my experience Aussies are always fun to fly with. Feel free to drop into teamspeak and fly with us any time though. We do in fact have a number of guys that aren't "official" members but are still very much part of ACG's little community. And it's not as if you can't take part in the campaign, we just can't officially make you part of a squadron if you're not able to regularly attend.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Dave wrote:Timezones are a bitch, it's true. And frankly it's a shame since in my experience Aussies are always fun to fly with. Feel free to drop into teamspeak and fly with us any time though. We do in fact have a number of guys that aren't "official" members but are still very much part of ACG's little community. And it's not as if you can't take part in the campaign, we just can't officially make you part of a squadron if you're not able to regularly attend.
How would it work on days when I am able to attend the campaign? Would I just fill any slot that's free or..?

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Pretty much, yeah. Or just say which Staffel you'd like to fly with and we'll fit you in. We already do that with new "recruits" anyway. You usually have to fly a campaign mission before you get added to the roster in the first place. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to turn up as a guest every now and again. The more the merrier!

I should add that Osprey has the final word on this of course, before he sends me to scrub latrines for getting it wrong... :?

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Dave wrote:Pretty much, yeah. Or just say which Staffel you'd like to fly with and we'll fit you in. We already do that with new "recruits" anyway. You usually have to fly a campaign mission before you get added to the roster in the first place. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to turn up as a guest every now and again. The more the merrier!

I should add that Osprey has the final word on this of course, before he sends me to scrub latrines for getting it wrong... :?
That makes sense. I should be able to make a proper commitment closer to the end of the year once school finishes up, glad I can fly with you all in the meantime.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Dave is just going off to scrub the latrines.....

We have guest pilots but they are always potential recruits for us or are trying us on for size. We fill the server on our own and on a good day we can crash it on our own numbers, so I'm sure you'll appreciate that we only have members flying in this - if not we'd be overwhelmed with pubbers on a given Sunday.

That's said everything else is correct, we have an active community and you should find someone to fly with on your Saturday or Sunday morning :)