Hello everyone.

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

LuftAsher

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Osprey wrote:Dave is just going off to scrub the latrines.....

We have guest pilots but they are always potential recruits for us or are trying us on for size. We fill the server on our own and on a good day we can crash it on our own numbers, so I'm sure you'll appreciate that we only have members flying in this - if not we'd be overwhelmed with pubbers on a given Sunday.

That's said everything else is correct, we have an active community and you should find someone to fly with on your Saturday or Sunday morning :)
Oh yeah, absolutely. It would be pretty shitty of me to fill a spot that should by all rights be going to someone who's there on the regular.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Thats a real shame Luft but for now you can be a 'friend of ACG' and join us on TS for a flight whenever you are on for some RAF chasing fun, then when your schedule fits the campaign time you can join up with one of our squadrons proper

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Boyezee wrote:Thats a real shame Luft but for now you can be a 'friend of ACG' and join us on TS for a flight whenever you are on for some RAF chasing fun, then when your schedule fits the campaign time you can join up with one of our squadrons proper
Yup that seems to be the plan going forward. When is usually a good time to catch people on TS?

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:42 pm

It can vary really - the evening in European time zones is quite popular but the American chaps are often on at different times as well, but the best thing to do is pop onto our teamspeak and see if anybody is there - the teamspeak is divided into sub channels for squadrons but go into whichever one has people in and say hello

One thing you can do is look at the page in the link to see who is in teamspeak at that time

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/teamspeak.php

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 pm

Thaine wrote:Bunny, I respect and love you as a squadmate and brother in arms. But you better not come between me and my morning coffee. ;) I'm sure the RAF has some reserves for their foreign officers from the north. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita)
Blimey Thaine - what's with the northern Europeans and coffee! Insane!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Christ, I must be Scandiwegian and I never knew it :D I'm going to have to call the orphanage again and insist they tell me where I was discovered :lol:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Robo

Post by Robo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Bunny wrote:
Thaine wrote:Bunny, I respect and love you as a squadmate and brother in arms. But you better not come between me and my morning coffee. ;) I'm sure the RAF has some reserves for their foreign officers from the north. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita)
Blimey Thaine - what's with the northern Europeans and coffee! Insane!
Must be the long nights. Or short days depending on you world view. Having said that I am not leaving the house before I had my morning bialetti...

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Its been good flying with you Luft, you are certainly a quick learner and its great that you may have found a way to fly with us, as per PM join up with us this coming mission and if you like what you see we can get you a uniform on :)

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Boyezee wrote:Its been good flying with you Luft, you are certainly a quick learner and its great that you may have found a way to fly with us, as per PM join up with us this coming mission and if you like what you see we can get you a uniform on :)
I'll be there with bells on.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Splendid. I sincerely hope that this simply involves an alarm clock and early night. Don't want you to fuck up your exams just because you want to join in with us.

Fly with 4 Staffel on Sunday please :)

~S~