For new starters looking for training

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Sharpe

Re: For new starters looking for training

Post by Sharpe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:25 pm

Zomalk wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:19 pm
Hi, I've been flying on and off for the past few years now, and I would seriously like to get into an active and helpful group. I mostly (99% of the time) fly VVS in BoS and such, jumping back and forth from bombers and fighters. I have all of the great battles, except with Bodenplatte. I like to consider myself a decent pilot, but I am not unprepared to be proven wrong.
I am in the eastern US (GMT -5) and am usually on around 18-1900 GMT during the week.
Hullo, welcome. A couple of VVS units are on the short side at the moment and will be itching to get their hands on you.
Maltloaf wrote:Paging Dr Maltloaf.
Frederf wrote:Paging Dr Frederf.
I'm sure you'll enjoy flying with either of these splendid gentlemen and their respective crews. :salute:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 pm

Zolmalk, Welcome, very glad to have you. If you turn up on our Team Speak channel pretty much anytime you will find some of the chaps around. In fact you just missed a good punch up over Kalinin this evening. Pitch up Sunday at about 1900 GMT and we will find a sqn for you to fly with.

208 are in need of chaps in Pe2s or 495-1 and 126-PVO need fighter pilots.

I am not around Sunday but someone will sort you out. Then we can see where you want to fit after that.

Malt
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Nemez2k2949

Post by Nemez2k2949 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Boyezee wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 pm
First of all, welcome to ACG :)

This thread is for any new starters that would like some training in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, maybe you are new to the sim and want help getting in the air? or perhaps you are a previous Cliffs of Dover flyer who needs to knock the rust off and would like a bit of help getting back in the saddle? Either way we can help you.

Whilst Cliffs of Dover isn't overly complex it can be a bit daunting at first to new flyers, but fear not we can get you all set up and shooting down enemy aircraft in no time.

We have a number of members that have volunteered to offer training and they can help you with anything, like mapping controls, learning how to start your aircraft, managing your engine in flight and much more besides.

If you are interested in training please post in this thread which aircraft you want to learn (it could even be multiple types until you find the one you like) and what timezone you are in - for example Europe or North America - and we will find a member to help you. They will contact you either by PM or through this thread to arrange some 1 on 1 time.

We can offer training in all aircraft types that feature in our Squadrons - Hurricane, Spitfire, Bf109 & Bf110

We can also now offer training on the Blenheim courtesy of Meaker.

Current roster of trainers is

RAF

Europe

Mauf
Bully
Dave
Maltloaf
Meaker - Blenheims

North America

Spud
Schmuck
Toxic

Luftwaffe

Europe

Boyezee
Falcon - can offer german speaking as well
Lee

North America

Ruff
Hindsight
LuftAsher - Australia as well
Schmuck
Double
Katt - Bf110 trainer

So please don't be shy, post in this thread if you would like some training, we are a friendly bunch and are happy to help, we were all newcomers at some point :nice:

I am new here and would be grateful to anyone who would agree to train me on SupermarineSpitfire!

Frederf

Post by Frederf » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:32 pm

Last edited by Frederf on Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:26 pm

That roster of trainers should be updated...

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Yeah I need to get it updated at some point or take the thread down

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:07 am

Nemez2k2949 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:00 pm
I am new here and would be grateful to anyone who would agree to train me on SupermarineSpitfire!
Here I go fixing links again.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Viktoria0501 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm
Then it will [url=http://www.mundiario.com/articulo/econo ... restamos-m
omento/20151210135143050644.html]interest[/url] you
..it probably fucking won't...

Raptorattacker

Post by Raptorattacker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 am

Hellooooo! I would love to get involved in some way, preferably flying (Il 2 Great Battles, I have them all)! The trouble is I need to get my head around manual controls (rads, props, etc etc). I'm pretty okay at the basics and am just about getting around to needing something a little more 'involving'. Is there any way to get any training in such matters, with someone alongside? I'm from England, by the way. My preference seems to have naturally landed on the Soviet side, don't know why!
Anyway, just enquiring. I look forward to any feedback. Thanks guys.
Rap (Skinner of some note I believe).

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 am

Raptorattacker wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 am
Hellooooo! I would love to get involved in some way, preferably flying (Il 2 Great Battles, I have them all)! The trouble is I need to get my head around manual controls (rads, props, etc etc). I'm pretty okay at the basics and am just about getting around to needing something a little more 'involving'. Is there any way to get any training in such matters, with someone alongside? I'm from England, by the way. My preference seems to have naturally landed on the Soviet side, don't know why!
Anyway, just enquiring. I look forward to any feedback. Thanks guys.
Rap (Skinner of some note I believe).
Show up on our Teamspeak and I'll teach you everything you need to know about proper controls including a half hour monologue about how it works and what it does. You'll hate it. Everyone hates it.