For new starters looking for training

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Django

Re: For new starters looking for training

Post by Django » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 am

Hi
I'm looking for some training in the first instance on general flying principles. For example, how to form up and keep with a formation. Also I'm keen to follow correct procedural stuff, particularly in Comms (there's a lot of traffic on teamspeak and people talk without identifying themselves). I've been flying hurricanes and spits but landing them again is a bit hit or miss and I need some navigation help big time! Any takers? Thanks for the terrific YouTube tutorials by the way. I flew with some guys from 64 tonight. Unfortunately the campaign server crashed but I had a great time on the public server. Regards Django

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 am

I recommend that you just keep coming in and flying in the campaign and in the evening training (Tuesday/Thursday 1900 GMT) then because tbh that's the kind of thing they do, and ask on training nights ASK for. Otherwise yes here, arrange a 1-2-1

Also, watch the tutorials for landing Spitfire and Hurricane in the Flight School, because if you follow those you will float in nicely.

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Happy to show anyone the spitfire, if they need help

Flash73

Post by Flash73 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:23 am

Newbie here, but I tried to view both of the links listed below, but got the following error message:

You are not authorised to read this forum.

Am I doing something wrong?

Broadly speaking, although there are some universal truths, there is a difference in fighting techniques for LW and RAF aircraft and I would suggest you get competent in one type rather than trying to master them all initially.

For the RAF fighters, check out here:
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=14
Anything by Robo should be treated with reverence and committed to memory.

For LW aircraft, here:
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=16

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 am

Hi Flash , Your not doing anything wrong mate, it's just that until you are processed by the Forum fairies you can't get access to all area's!
Hope to see you in the skies soon , by the way we need 109 pilots if your up for it. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Flash73

Post by Flash73 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Thx, Ginger. I am just getting all my kit now. Should be up and running by next week with Joystick and TrackIR 5 Pro. Totally new to this sim thing, but very interested to see how different it is to the real thing. Can you recommend how best to get started?

Funny you should ask, but I have already started watching the YouTube videos on the BF109. Totally fascinated but looks like I might have to take a crash course in German. LOL How do I sign up?

Looking forward to "flying" with everyone.

Flash

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm

How do you sign up? You just did.
Once your gear is here, practice take offs, landings and some general flying procedures. Once you can do all that (which should come easy) come here and we'll assign you somewhere. Also, if you need help setting up TrackIR, your stick or anything technical then write here or come on Teamspeak and we'll sort you out.

Flash73

Post by Flash73 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Onebad wrote:How do you sign up? You just did.
Once your gear is here, practice take offs, landings and some general flying procedures. Once you can do all that (which should come easy) come here and we'll assign you somewhere. Also, if you need help setting up TrackIR, your stick or anything technical then write here or come on Teamspeak and we'll sort you out.
Thanks so much. :nice:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Welcome Flash, we'll help you in get into the air, and I can probably help you get your handicap down ;)

Flash73

Post by Flash73 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 am

Thanks to all. My TrackIR is set to arrive on 11 Dec. I have installed CLOD in Steam and Teamspeak. Have been doing a lot of reviewing the videos for the BF109 so that I can get started soon. I logged into the Teamspeak server today, but was unable to chat with anyone. Not sure if the folks that I chose were online or not or if I am even following the correct protocols.

I will try to log in to the ACG Disperal chat room on 11 Dec at 1900 hours GMT. Hopefully, I will be able to connect with someone then.

Looking forward to flying with everyone.

Flash