For new starters looking for training

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

BlackDog

Re: For new starters looking for training

Post by BlackDog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Welcome Raptorattacker, been looking through some of your skins and they are truly excellent... great to have to you interested in ACG. Our large group training is usually Thursday (This Thursday might not be that populated...Valentines and all that) but I am sure some will be around and if not maybe Friday... then we have our last mission of the current campaign run of the Battle of Moscow on Sunday...

If you want to get a true flavour of what ACG is all about then highly encourage you to fly with us on Sunday.

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Raptorattacker

Post by Raptorattacker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Sounds good BD. Yeah, Mrs Rap may not be all that forgiving on Valentines! The thing I am apprehensive about is the engine management and such things really but I guess there's only one way to sort that one out, isn't there? I run mostly with custom controls on see. I'm willing to give it a go though. It was pointed out to me that the Flight Leader does most of the navigating and things like that and, flying with others, it is a little more forgiving when spotting (I have NOT the best eyesight, not blind but not the best!). I look forward to it, I've got you bookmarked in TS anyway so I'll get me comms up to scratch and then take it from there.
Thanks for the reply
Rap

Woop

Post by Woop » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Raptorattacker wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Rap
I'd be happy to help, if you see me online just poke me!

Love your work with skins! I'm a fan :D and some of your tips have really come in handy when making skins for ACG! :lux:

Great to have you here

Raptorattacker

Post by Raptorattacker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Wow! Thanks for the ups on the skins guys AND the offer(s) for help (I need it!!). I try, I try and I'm more than happy to help skinners anytime.
Great to be here. :salute:

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Onebad wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 am

Show up on our Teamspeak and I'll teach you everything you need to know about proper controls including a half hour monologue about how it works and what it does. You'll hate it. Everyone hates it.
Ever consider that they may just hate you instead?

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Raptorattacker wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Sounds good BD. Yeah, Mrs Rap may not be all that forgiving on Valentines! The thing I am apprehensive about is the engine management and such things really but I guess there's only one way to sort that one out, isn't there? I run mostly with custom controls on see. I'm willing to give it a go though. It was pointed out to me that the Flight Leader does most of the navigating and things like that and, flying with others, it is a little more forgiving when spotting (I have NOT the best eyesight, not blind but not the best!). I look forward to it, I've got you bookmarked in TS anyway so I'll get me comms up to scratch and then take it from there.
Thanks for the reply
Rap
I’ll just add that it isn’t as complicated as you probably think it is, especially with regards to the klimov which is pretty forgiving.

Raptorattacker

Post by Raptorattacker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Kai Lae wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:12 pm
I’ll just add that it isn’t as complicated as you probably think it is, especially with regards to the klimov which is pretty forgiving.
I'm sure it isn't but I'm the sort who can't take in info when it's in a format like, say, Requiem's guides (as good as they are). I kinda have to DO it and learn by mistakes! :D

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 am

Glad to see you on these forums raptor, hope to see you some time soon buddy!

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Raptorattacker

Post by Raptorattacker » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Drifter wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 am
Glad to see you on these forums raptor, hope to see you some time soon buddy!
Heyyyy Drifter! Good to hear from ya! I'm a bit tied up this weekend so I don't think I can make it on. NOT such a bad thing as it means it gives me a bit more time to brush up on some manual engine stuff. When I say "brush up" I basically mean start from scratch!! No fear, I shall show my head above the parapet as soon as I can get the things offf've the ground with out exploding!!

Raptorattacker

Post by Raptorattacker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:00 am

Well, ol' Rap's 'fully manual' career has begun and he can now get the I 16 into the air and flying without too much stress so it's onto the MiG next methinks!! I'll be up there with you boys before y'know it. Won't be able to SEE much but at least I'll be able to run away if I'm jumped!!