New pilot reporting for cannon fodder!

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Onebad

Re: New pilot reporting for cannon fodder!

Post by Onebad » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:15 am

RgBentley wrote: Sharpie

S H A R P I E

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Good flying with you last night... 615 would have a hell of a pilot if you join them. However... the 5th Staffel are also a great bunch of lads and if you fancy a go with the 109 to compare, I am sure Lee or Santi would be more than happy to have a fly around with ya!

Am a newbie myself, but all the lads I have encountered so far on ACG are top fellas and one layyyydeeee!!
Missions are great and you will soon be hooked!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Yes you shouldn't rule out the Huns just yet. Mind you, they are a bit too keen on sausages for my liking.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Or other parked 109's... ahem...cough! It wasn't us... :liar:

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Onebad wrote:
RgBentley wrote: Sharpie

S H A R P I E

Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Bentley

Post by Bentley » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words Blackdog!

I'm not all too familiar with the 109 as I have less than fifty hours on CLOD as it is, mostly spent learning the Spitfire. Although after a quick go last night along with some awkward engine management (Not a clue in the 109) I could almost be swayed into considering my choices!

I may have inadvertently created a new nickname for Sharpe too :lol:

One more question though about ACG which I forgot to mention last time I was online, is there the option of flying for both the RAF or the Luftwaffe for a couple of weeks alternatively maybe in the campaign before being fully assigned to a squadron/Staffel? Or is it a case of first squadron, last squadron?

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Flying a sortie for each faction before deciding is positively encouraged old bean :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 pm

RgBentley wrote:I may have inadvertently created a new nickname for Sharpe too :lol:
No worries, heard it all before :D
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am

Suggest you have a lesson or two in a 109 and then go out on a campaign mission. Then do the same in RAF. Ignore any propaganda and persuasion from individuals, just soak in the missions and see what you think.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Jackman just published a good tutorial on the 109 start up and landing. If you can master the 109 and it's engine management, every other plane will be easy.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal