New Pilot (hopefully)

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: New Pilot (hopefully)

Post by Donkey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks Kai Lae - if you go around telling the whole damned world our secrets we'll all be out of a job come Christmas!

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 am

Nah - the on/off button these days is like the G spot. Everyone knows it's out there somewhere, but you still need a map to find it.

My wife, for example, has a clear instruction list on her desktop on how to turn the router off and on again, to revive the interwebs should it go down. And yet she still feels the need to tell me "the internet's gone", expecting me to do it. I have the map you see, it's a path I've trodden many a time (the interwebs restarting thing, not the G spot - that's some kind of weird Escher-esque map needed there).

Of course, this may be one of those silly games where you're made to feel vaguely useful in a relationship by saving the family and doing something 'technical', or it may just be a way of dragging me out of bed at the ungodly hour she's decided to start hammering away on the keyboard. I like to think it's my technical prowess.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Masterdoddy

Post by Masterdoddy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:37 am

Don't forget the importance of password setting as well. That is the other IT skill; telling them they forgot their password and to imply they are fools.