Set up........

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Bunny

Re: Set up........

Post by Bunny » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:43 pm

I'll second the Extreme 3D Pro. Used mine for three years (bought second hand) until my wife insisted on buying me a HOTAS. Now my lad uses it in DCS. Solid joystick :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Yes,totally agree with what's been said,re the TrackIR over the Warthog......in short you need to see your quarry before shooting at the bugger ! :D

That being said the Warthog is a fine bit of kit.

Hubbs17

Post by Hubbs17 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Ssoooooooooo....
TrackIR it is!! Looked on Amazon and I will prob get all 3 items I need. It even predicted I needed the Joystick and rudder pedals.
Them computers is smart these days ain't they!!
Track IR work for windows 10? I am going to assume TrackIR will work on a curved monitor. Does this game work on Windows 10? I read somewhere that people were having problems?
Everyone is very helpful and respectable here. Fantastic!!

Miek

Post by Miek » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Everything works on Win10, though I hear some people have issues with their Joystick/game controllers resetting their assignments. So if your Stick is Joystick1 one day it may be Joystick2 on another day. I haven't heard this from everyone but i know KaiLae has this problem EVERY week.

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 am

Goddamn windows 10 AGAIN. But yeah it works.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Bunny wrote:I'll second the Extreme 3D Pro. Used mine for three years (bought second hand) until my wife insisted on buying me a HOTAS. Now my lad uses it in DCS. Solid joystick :nice:
Please don't misinform the newcomers. There is nothing sturdy about the Extreme 3D Pro except the outside look and finish which is good. I had it, opened it and even opened these funny little trimmers to clean them. I was shocked when I found that shit inside together with a gimbal made of soft plastic. I even thought of modding it with the halls, I still have the halls and the special magnets that are polarized like this N Ø S so these can be placed instead of an axle of the trimmer.
These trimmers are not made for a constant movement, these are made to set some value and leave it like that, the graphite lawyer is simply too thin and wears out quickly. You can't find a replacement with the angle that is needed. The same sensors are in the T.Flight HOTAS X.
These won't last more than a year when moderately used, these are not build for that.

P.S. This is not directed to Bunny but to the newcomers loking for a solid joystick.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Vranac - you quote me then say it's not directed at me?! :D

Despite your opinion, I racked up over 1,000 hours in Cliffs over the space of three and half years, between June 2012 and December 2015, on my second hand Extreme 3D Pro.

Now my lad uses it.

There is absolutely no misinformation in the above statement - it is what it is :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm

I can back up Bunny's claim as I too use the 3D Pro. Mine has accumulated some damage over the years but is still going strong.
If you're looking long term i'd choose the more popular Thrustmaster. But if you're on a budget the 3D Pro will serve you well as long as you treat it well.

As for headtracking IMO it is not as important as people say it is, however it is allot more natural if you're looking to stay on flight sims for a long time.
I use mouse and the hat-switch on my 3D pro for pilot head movement. Hit me with a PM if you decide to go down that route.
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Vranac wrote:
Bunny wrote:I'll second the Extreme 3D Pro. Used mine for three years (bought second hand) until my wife insisted on buying me a HOTAS. Now my lad uses it in DCS. Solid joystick :nice:
Please don't misinform the newcomers. There is nothing sturdy about the Extreme 3D Pro except the outside look and finish which is good. I had it, opened it and even opened these funny little trimmers to clean them. I was shocked when I found that shit inside together with a gimbal made of soft plastic. I even thought of modding it with the halls, I still have the halls and the special magnets that are polarized like this N Ø S so these can be placed instead of an axle of the trimmer.
These trimmers are not made for a constant movement, these are made to set some value and leave it like that, the graphite lawyer is simply too thin and wears out quickly. You can't find a replacement with the angle that is needed. The same sensors are in the T.Flight HOTAS X.
These won't last more than a year when moderately used, these are not build for that.

P.S. This is not directed to Bunny but to the newcomers loking for a solid joystick.

To say Bunny was misinforming newcomers is a clown statement.
The Extreme 3D Pro is a great stick for the money. I have ~1500 hours use in Cliffs of Dover in the past year alone with mine, and for a low price of $35 is a great starter stick. No issues with mine at all. Still handles great. You can't go wrong with it. :joyman:

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 pm

I was watching your videos Jaydog, your plane is jumping all around. I can't tell is it a joystick or you though. Go download a joytester and make a video by drawing some circles. I'm 100% sure that you have spikes and these are around the neutral position. This pic was made with a new trimmer, when it's worn out you can clearly see where the graphite is missing.

And this is how should it look like

Like I have said, the worst possible sensors and a gimbal from soft plastic (that's why I gave up modding it, a waste of time). I was also bought by the externals, the Saitek was feeling like a cheap squeaky Chinese toy when compared, but it had relatively good pots inside. What a mistaka to maka. I simply couldn't believe that they put that crap inside. Just to explain it to you, these trimmers are costing cents, maybe ten, the Saitek pots are less than a dollar, the CH pots are $3.5 ( they were selling these for $10 as spares).

The T16000 is much, much better choice, the sensor is same as in the WH and the gimbal is similar.