Interested Recuit

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Boone

Interested Recuit

Post by Boone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 am

Hi yall,
I am a long time flier of combat flight sims from Aces High, BMS, DCS, WarThunder(before Sim got even more stupid) and BoS with a few more on the list i won't name. I've been a lurker for awhile but didn't have the time commitment at the time to show my interest in joining. However with life opening up and the break down of my BMS VFW (27th) I know find myself with lots of time and no other Fighter Wing commitments. I do however do pickup flights from time to time with the UOAF crowd and i hope that won't be an issue. My love and passion is for flying the prop jobs of WWII. My flight knowledge is more than a green pilot but no where near that of an ace....i still make way to many stupid mistakes and go fangs out to much lol. I read somewhere that yall are on Christmas stand down from your sunday missions, during this time I'd love to fly with yall and get to know yall as well as have yall see how i am and hopefully agree to let me join your ranks. I love the spits and the 109's, but i'm not found of the bombers or heavy fighters. That being said though, i'll sit in the cockpit of whatever yall see fit.

I hope to hear from yall soon,
Boone.

LuftAsher

Re: Interested Recuit

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:12 am

Welcome to ACG, Boone. We are indeed on Christmas break, but we'll be kicking things back into gear once again in the new year. There's a lot of people around here that fly all sorts of sims, so there's always something to do. If you feel like flying the 109, we'd be happy to have you in 4th Staffel and we can certainly use the extra hand right now.

Feel free to add me on Steam: 4./JG26_LuftAsher

Boone

Post by Boone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:36 am

Thank you LuftAsher! I would be more than happy to fly your's or another squad mates wing.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:29 am

:salute: Welcome Boone.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:02 am

Boone wrote:...during this time I'd love to fly with yall and get to know yall as well as have yall see how i am...
Unusual speech pattern detected... checking... Is it... Belgian? No, wait, Finnish? Hang on, got it... Welsh!

Lechyd da, Boone! A croeso i ACG :D Christmas break is upon us (boo) but there will no doubt be plenty of people flying around in various sims, inlcuding those who can bring themselves to try out the ACG public server (which is great) under TF4.5 (which is not). It seems you've already found a home with the 4th so I'll just say, "best of luck, see you up in the skies, and don't let your new squadron mates do anything too weird during your initiation. It's 2017 for god's sake, and you just don't have to put up with that stuff any more" :salute:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:52 am

We don't do anything in the initiation that a British politician wouldn't do.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Oh dear

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggate

Welcome Boone, jump in and fly the 109 with us anytime, don't be shy, you can join in with anyone and we'll get the uniform on after a crack at campaign, if that works for you

:salute:

Boone

Post by Boone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:41 pm

[/quote]Unusual speech pattern detected... checking... Is it... Belgian? No, wait, Finnish? Hang on, got it... Welsh!/quote]

Hi Broadsword, you were close....bad american english lol
Yes the 4th has opened the hanger doors to me however i'll be sure to wag my wings at you as you're bailing out. ( Just joking, chances are you'll be wagging at me as i'm jumping lol :) ).

Thanks Dickie! I don't know what scares me more....the fact that the English actually dubbed a term for pig screwing....or the fact that yall know about it lol. I'll be sure to jump in and introduce myself verbally and catch some flights with yall when i get on. I saw a few people on last night in their squadron rooms, but i didn't want to just barge in there.

Greetings Jaydog nice to meet you too bro.

See yall in the air or bar! :salute:

Grumpy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Adjutant

Post by Grumpy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Broadsword wrote:
Boone wrote:...during this time I'd love to fly with yall and get to know yall as well as have yall see how i am...
Unusual speech pattern detected... checking... Is it... Belgian? No, wait, Finnish? Hang on, got it... Welsh!
Welsh, Southern; same thing, really, Broady. :D

Welcome Boone, ACG is a great and wondrous thing, full of excellent chaps, including 4th Staffel. Just don't bend over in the showers.... :shock:
Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Bloody brilliant - glad to see you join the sausage-munchers Boone, one more for us to miss can't be a bad thing :D

As for the pig-screwing, it's quite a shocker that it didn't even come as a surprise, Cameron being an old Etonian. To quote Luke, another graduate of the school:

"I think it would be fair to say most guys don't know girls or don't date while they're at school. The majority of guys had no female interaction, and the rest would meet up with girls desperately in Windsor – a very boring place – on Saturdays. Quite bleak, really, now I'm telling you, but honestly there were a lot of good laughs to be had without girls!"

Indeed Luke, so we hear :D Oink Oink!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams