Getting Back into Flying

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Angry Budgie

Re: Getting Back into Flying

Post by Angry Budgie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 am

Joy stick - check
Game on steam - check
start up game to have a look around - nothing.
I'm guessing I'm a maybe doing something wrong. This online gaming was all new territory when I stopped playing. I'm running windows 7 pro, the pc - AMD A6-7470K Radeon R5 6 Comput Cores 2C + 4G (2CPU) 3.7GHz 8MB Ram 1T HD
“The weather was our biggest enemy. We didn’t have radio contact with the ground and there were a couple of times when I thought I’d lost one of my nine lives.” Joy Lofthouse, Air Transport Auxiliary.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 am

Go ahead and add me on Steam: 4./JG26_LuftAsher. Probably be easier to figure things out that way.

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:51 am

I get : Launcher stopped working ; with the following
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: Launcher64.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5a636906
Problem Signature 04: maddox
Problem Signature 05: 4.5.3.0
Problem Signature 06: 5a63d495
Problem Signature 07: 1646
Problem Signature 08: 29
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 80be
Additional Information 2: 80bef4983f28a96f86c4130ec98e6966
Additional Information 3: f461
Additional Information 4: f46102390402603552262f037ef827b4
“The weather was our biggest enemy. We didn’t have radio contact with the ground and there were a couple of times when I thought I’d lost one of my nine lives.” Joy Lofthouse, Air Transport Auxiliary.

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 am

New kit arrives tomorrow (hopefully) so with luck will be up and running by the weekend. In the mean time, I've got hold of a box copy of Rise of Flight. A decade away from this & you realise just how shite you are :D . With perseverance I can now take off in a spad xiii, although my landings are a little rough (cough). Also my gunnery needs work, a lot of work.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Good stuff, a good way to get your eye in.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Hello all, I'm an 'old' flight simmer from some years ago (ahem) and am thinking I might get back into it. Do you accept pilots of the female persuasion? Hope so. I stumbled on a utube video of yours & thought it looked great. My set up at the moment means I have to start from absolute scratch. Also absolute scratch as far as flying goes. Lots of crashing & burning. Being in Oz I'm not sure I'd be able to join your Sunday nights. but having somewhere I can talk about flying would be great.
Hello Angry Budgie! We at the ACG want to know how you are doing and to encourage you to reconnect with us on your recruitment. I know it's been a while, and life throws curve balls, but as things change, perhaps the timing gets right. So that said, How are you, and is your quest to join the finest Flight Sim organization still on your mind? We certainly hope so, because the ACG wants YOU! We are presently in a two week transition from our "Leaning Forward Campaign" of Cliffs of Dover, and are preparing for the "Battle of Stalingrad" in a few weeks. Inlistment for Axis or Allied sides is now open!
Please don't be discouraged if you feel your skills are not up to the task. Many here started with Zero experience, myself included, and the fastest way to improve it to start flying operations with a Squadron. Everyone here wants you to succeed and is here to help. Oh, and the girl thing... I wouldn't worry about it. The Russians had a number of female Aces that could kick any guy's ass!... unless you feel you're not equal to the task? (that was just a goodhearted rib to challenge your fierce feminine pride!). Get with us on TeamSpeak and someone will always be there to chat. We hope to here from you soon!
Salut,
Kit :salute: