Just Joined and looking for advice!

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Speedbird 48

Just Joined and looking for advice!

Post by Speedbird 48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:52 am

Hey! I just joined acg. I am looking for some advice with regards to purchasing a sim. I am undecided between clod and bos. I have more interest in the battle of Britain campaign, but I have heard that acg is abandoning that sim. I have a few questions with regards to your campaigns: Do actions in them make a difference? Does a battle one day make a difference the next? Is it possible to "win a war" so to speak? Furthermore, I have read a lot about "Sunday campaigns". Do you guys fly on any other day? Thanks in advance and I hope to see you in the skies: What should I know before taking off?

Thaine

Re: Just Joined and looking for advice!

Post by Thaine » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 am

Hello Speedbird.

It is true that we will transition to BoX (Battle of Moscow first) with our main campaign, the one that runs on Sundays This will happen somewhen during the summer. There's still a few missions left in the battle of britain, how many I can't tell you. I hope somebody else can give that info. I have no doubt that acg members will continue to fly clod and the bob in some way or another. There might even be some organized events. This depends on if some members put in the effort to organize such events.
We do not run a dynamic campaign as for example storm of war did or like the TAW campaign on BoX. We follow history and that has been written almost 100 year ago. We refly missions and battles based on the historic missions we gather. That doesn't mean that the outcome of the mission is decided upon beforehand, only that the setup is as it was back then, or as close as we can make it; and that the outcome of one mission has no impact on the next missions, with one exception. We have a character system. Each pilot in ACG gets a character that can collect medals and that might die or get captured. If that happens you will start with a new character.
There's a lot of flying activity throughout the week and the best thing is to just show up in our Teamspeak and have a chat with us.

Hope to see you soon.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Nev

Post by Nev » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 am

Looking at the timeline roughly 10 more missions to go.

Always above, seldom on the same level, never underneath.

- Edward Mannock 73 victories

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:02 am

Welcome to ACG Speedbird.

Nev is correct, 10 missions left in our BoB campaign, which doesn't sound a lot but when you look at the timeline and factor in campaign breaks it will actually be running until the 5th of August so there is still time to enjoy it.

Then on to the Eastern front :)

If you are in a position to do so I would recommend getting both sims as each one offers different experiences to the other and ACG members I'm sure will be playing both on non-campaign nights anyway, so you will get a chance to use both regardless of which one we are using in campaign.

If not then perhaps grab Cliffs so that you can join our campaign now and then pick up BoM (we will be running the Moscow campaign) in a sale when they next have one.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:43 am

If you aren't skint you can get Blitz, but tbh I would spend that money on premium aircraft for BoS and BoM (BoX) instead because we're leaving Cliffs and moving to BoX. You would need to wait to join campaign though, for Barbarossa, so there's patience there, but you can join in anything else. All your choice mate.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi Speedbird, and welcome to ACG. As others have said, we're going to be flying Cliffs of Dover until August, the moving over to BoM. Although it's only 10 more Battle of Britain missions, that's still four months to wait for BoM. As well as the 10 missions there will be numerous practice nights, and probably a couple of special events in the remaining campaign breaks. Add to that the fact that many people are likely to still fly Cliffs in some capacity after the move, and I'd say there's still value to be had from buying Cliffs (currently £20 in Steam).

But in the longer term we'll be flying some version of BoX for a while, so if money is tight and you can only do one thing or the other then maybe buy BoM - that campaign may still be 4 months away but there are already plenty of people playing it every week trying to get up to speed on those luxurious Russian aircraft :D You might miss out on a few campaign missions through the summer, but you'll still get plenty of chances to fly with us whilst you're waiting :nice:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:42 am

:salute: Hi Speedbird..and welcome to ACG. IMHO, you can never have enough sims...so if feasible i'd recommend getting both CLoD and BoX sims. I fly both pretty regularly and will continue to fly CLoD frequently and in any events that come up even after our BoB campaign ends.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal