Progress report: "falling feels like flying... for a little while"

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Progress report: "falling feels like flying... for a little while"

Post by Dickie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:22 pm

No, I have the same lag as in that video. The aileron doesn't move at the exact time of the stick input. Do you not have that?

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:09 am

My delay is a good half second longer than in Vranac's vid, but I'm sure the new gear when purchased will solve my problem. By that time the ACG will be in Russia where I hope to join.
Good news... I just purchased BoS and BoM on sale. It was such a good deal that I bought the Premium packs, so I get the P-40 and the FW-190 (two of my favs)! I'm not going to bother downloading BoX till I get the new PC. I'll have the Delan hooked up too and be ready (gear wise at least) to join.
Till then as always, I'm getting in some flight time on CoD... mostly takeoffs and landings. Even with the terrible lag I'm managing more successful flights. Occasionally I venture on to Lead Farm server and try some boom and zoom hit and run tactics (I'm horrible at it)... I just try to survive.
Next I need t get a new headset and mic (mine broke) so I can get back on TS and get some help in training if I can find it.
BTW... I heard from someone here that BoX series does not have that slight lag like CoD. I hope that rumor is true.

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:27 pm

i came across this today about input lag, when i updated my amd video card....it might have to do with your vsync....

[youtube]https://youtu.be/bMwY_dlZYiM[/youtube]

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Fantastic! After talking with some of the boys from 5./JG26 on TS (I got my new headset and mic), they suggested I try and load BoM and just see if it works on my old PC... and surprise surprise ... it works! I'm now officially transferred to Russia!

Although the new game has issues with my old PC, it actually feels better than CoD. The flight model responds better and there is a smidge less input lag.

So... with my whopping 40 hrs of flight time on the 109 E-3 on CoD , I'm now practicing on my (slightly used) 109 E-7 on BoM. I'm a long way from squadron ready, but progress is being made. I figure a good tactic is I could act as a decoy... while they're clobbering me... you guys can jump em.

I can't wait to fly with the ACG!

Salut

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Kit Pepper wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:13 pm
Fantastic! After talking with some of the boys from 5./JG26 on TS (I got my new headset and mic), they suggested I try and load BoM and just see if it works on my old PC... and surprise surprise ... it works! I'm now officially transferred to Russia!

Although the new game has issues with my old PC, it actually feels better than CoD. The flight model responds better and there is a smidge less input lag.

So... with my whopping 40 hrs of flight time on the 109 E-3 on CoD , I'm now practicing on my (slightly used) 109 E-7 on BoM. I'm a long way from squadron ready, but progress is being made. I figure a good tactic is I could act as a decoy... while they're clobbering me... you guys can jump em.

I can't wait to fly with the ACG!

Salut
That's excellent news Kit :salute: ACG will be doing a test mission on box Sunday evening you are more then welcome to join the 5th for a run we will be on TS around 18:00 GMT.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:37 am

If you can get airborne you're more than squadron ready.
More vodka Comrade!

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Yikes! I should be careful of what I wish for. I'd be honored to tag along with the 5th... but I must warn you that I'm as green as it gets. I've only had a couple of hours on BoM in freeflight mode, and haven't made any takeoffs yet... so getting airborne is an unknown. As far as navigation, all I know is... west is German, east is Russian. Other than that... I'm willing give it a try.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:05 pm

My thanks to Lee, Welshy, Jackman, Flyby, Santi, all the fellas from 5.JG for their enormous patience in showing me the basics. They say you learn from your mistakes, and brother, today I learned a lot!

Despite my frustrations with the tail wheel lock, I had a blast. Everyone was encouraging and understanding of my greenness. Not to worry fellas, I'm determined to improve and contribute to the effort.... and when I get my new PC it should help my cause considerably.

I'll be off for two weeks for my summer vacation, but then I'll be back flying as often as I can.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 am

HotLunch wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:37 am
If you can get airborne you're more than squadron ready.
The Russians will help you with landing protocol

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Damn! I've been grounded. The old PC I have been using has finally shit the bed. I was practicing some of my hard earned flying lessons and took a break for dinner, and when I returned it was dead. I think it had a seizure. I tried to revive it, but no use. It's a goner.
That means no more flying till I get my new PC.

As things are now, I'll be off on leave for a few weeks (annual summer vacation in the mountains). When I return and have enough funds set aside, I'll be ready for the purchase. I'm hoping that will happen by the end of August.

Until then, that leaves me on the sidelines looking in (again). It's too bad because even though the thing had terrible lag, at least I could practice and even participate a little. All I can do now is watch vids on my laptop, dream, and wait.

But not to worry... I will be back. I didn't come this far to throw in the towel. When I get back I'll be ready for full time training and assignment to a squadron. Till then boys... keep'em flying!

Salut,
Kit