Looking to return to ACG

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Drifter

Re: Looking to return to ACG

Post by Drifter » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Double wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:22 pm
I have been extremely busy at work the past month or so meaning I have not been active on the forums as much as I would like, sorry for the delay in dealing with this.

Drifter, I just got home and I am tired so I will make this short and sweet. You were relieved of duty originally due to poor attendance/communication. You then were allowed to return only to miss two of your first three missions back. Yes, you did tell me about one, but the other was without any communication at all. Had you not had a previous history of the same type of behavior I wouldn't have been so quick to re-dismiss you.

"I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to go after you Dickie, but I do feel like it was a little unfair and kind of felt off you hit me with the ban hammar as soon as I had one mis-hap that I went to my superior with right after."

"I thought letting my staffelkapitan know would be good enough. I guess not"

" ....as soon as I had one mis-hap that I went to my superior with right after."

You're not painting an accurate picture with the above. You "told" me what your reason for the unexcused mission absence was when I messaged you on Steam telling you to de-tag. Prior to that you made no contact regarding the missed mission. You are talking about second chances and how I didn't give you one, but the fact you were back after your original dismissal was the only second chance I was willing to giving you. That being said, Sunday I will talk to my guys and get their thought on your possible return much like I got their thoughts on your re-dismissal.

Dickie, I see no reason to have a TS sit down with him until I get with 1st Staffel. I will let you know the results Sunday and we can go from there.

:salute: DS
If my memory does serve me correctly I talked to you about my absence a day after the fact. And you said "It was the high commands decision" but now your saying it was your decision? Why didn't you just tell me the truth that you decided this? I feel like if I am allowed back in ACG I wish for my to be directed to a new staffel as it seems like double and his staffel didnt want me back in the first place with such a quick decision to kick me, I did not inform you on the first one right away, but I did get back to you if I'm correct; a day later. And when I couldn't make the second one I messaged double right away but I was then informed to be de-tagged due to "high command dismissing me for lack of participation".

I do get along with smoke jumper quite well after we had a talk about some stuff @smokejumper :hi: and wouldn't mind being taken under his wing if I do get accepted back in. If im put back in with the 1st staffel that's ok, I just feel like if I get accepted back in to there staffel I just won't be welcomed or accepted. But hey, I might just be over reacting.

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Azref

Post by Azref » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:32 pm

I'm gonna jump in here and just mention that I thought we had stopped recruitment for the Luftwaffe due to needing VVS pilots.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Azref wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:32 pm
I'm gonna jump in here and just mention that I thought we had stopped recruitment for the Luftwaffe due to needing VVS pilots.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I've flown luftwaffe for most of my sim career, but I'm up for flying vvs. Just not a big fan.

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Someone has to be the adult in the room and just say NO. IMO, it's not worth even entertaining the idea of him coming back to 1st Staffel. One thing I cannot stand, is excuse after excuse after excuse. If some other Staffel or Squadron wants to take a chance on him, then the more power to them. But don't be surprised when he pulls another Whodini disappearance act.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Agreed with Jaydog. We're hardly desperate for new members, though always looking to accomodate those that are sharing our mindset and commitment. Drifter has presented himself in a way that makes me think he does not really care about the whole thing like we do, so yeah, no point in taking him back.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Drifter what VVS aircraft do you own? Do you have the P-40 and/or the Mig-3?

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Boyezee wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 pm
Drifter what VVS aircraft do you own? Do you have the P-40 and/or the Mig-3?

All of them sir.
Jaydog wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Someone has to be the adult in the room and just say NO. IMO, it's not worth even entertaining the idea of him coming back to 1st Staffel. One thing I cannot stand, is excuse after excuse after excuse. If some other Staffel or Squadron wants to take a chance on him, then the more power to them. But don't be surprised when he pulls another Whodini disappearance act.
You say this but I've only done it once. You can be pissed off at me all you want, I admitted I was wrong the first time, but I will not agree with you when you say you gave me a second chance, you did NO such thing.

And what excuses? I'm just defending my name from people like you trying to smear crap all over my name chap.

Good day

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Drifter, if you like you can start with a clean slate in VVS IAP27-1 if I can get our CO to approve.

Any attendance issues will be dealt with privately, we shall not be posting dirty washing to the forums.

Please PM.

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Paddy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Drifter, if you like you can start with a clean slate in VVS IAP27-1 if I can get our CO to approve.

Any attendance issues will be dealt with privately, we shall not be posting dirty washing to the forums.

Please PM.
PM sent sir, thank you.

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:22 am

Drifter wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

I do get along with smoke jumper quite well after we had a talk about some stuff @smokejumper :hi: and wouldn't mind being taken under his wing if I do get accepted back in. If im put back in with the 1st staffel that's ok, I just feel like if I get accepted back in to there staffel I just won't be welcomed or accepted. But hey, I might just be over reacting.

You'll be fine bud. We LOVE drama in ACG. If you don't get all butt hurt it can be hilarious.
The attendance thingo is pretty serious. The whole thing comes crashing down if people pull no shows.

Paddy and crew are good. Enjoy.