Looking to return to ACG

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Drifter

Looking to return to ACG

Post by Drifter » Tue May 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello everyone, its drifter, i joined ACG, and was here for a few weeks before i lost interest in the campaigns over the channel...

But as of now, i heard you guys are transitioning to BOX, which is right up my lane, with a total of 1400 hours. i use to fly with a group, which i was a hauptmann (Captain) in, commanding a wing; (JG52) which was in the community..

But with the activity decreasing in that squad, i've decided to move on to bigger and better things, and would like to be apart of ACG again.

See you all in the skys! Horridoooo!

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Looking to return to ACG

Post by Dickie » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 am

Drifter, you flew 1 mission and then disappeared without a word, then when I finally got in touch with you, you told me you were 'burned out' from flying campaign missions.

ACG are easy come easy go, but we are committed and serious and we say hello and goodbye. You did none of that, so my question is, what's in it for us this time? Only last time you didn't give a monkeys about us from what I can see.

Double

Post by Double » Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 am

ACG membership requirements are to participate in campaign missions on whatever platform we are currently using. We will not be switching to BoX until after the current BoB campaign is finished, which should take us to August. If you were allowed to rejoin you would be required to finish the current CLoD campaign. I am concerned that if you got "burnt out" last time only flying one mission you wont be a reliable staffel/wing-mate for the remaining nine campaign missions we have left in Cliffs.

:salute: DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Wed May 09, 2018 11:16 am

Yes, i will participate in the BOB campaigns, but the thing im most excited for is obviously BOX

Whrn you ask "What can i bring to the table" I can give you a experienced pilot in the eastern front, with, like i said, 1400 hours. i also have experience leading a staffel, rotte, and so on and so forth..

But to the main question, yes, i will participate in the remaining BOB events

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed May 09, 2018 11:20 am

Drifter wrote:Yes, i will participate in the BOB campaigns, but the thing im most excited for is obviously BOX

Whrn you ask "What can i bring to the table" I can give you a experienced pilot in the eastern front, with, like i said, 1400 hours. i also have experience leading a staffel, rotte, and so on and so forth..

But to the main question, yes, i will participate in the remaining BOB events
We don't care a rip for experience, Drifter. We've accepted people into ACG who have 0 hours and no experience even operating an aircraft in ANY sim, some didn't even have gaming computers before they found their way to us. ACG asks for commitment, and flying one mission before dropping out because you're 'burned out' really feels like hollow words when we have people around here who have flown close to a hundred missions on this front and still continue to fly, burn-out notwithstanding, because they're committed to ACG.

How do we know you won't just waste our time and get 'burned out' again? Honest question.

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

Because qhen you switch to BOX, i will be interested, and he asked what i can offer, i was just stating some of my ups

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Drifter, you have to understand that we had members that did not show up and needed to be searched for and inquired about before. It's a nuisance and some unnecessary extra work. In addition you are letting down the unit you're assigned to if you show not up without notice, because they rely on showing up in strength.
There's nothing wrong with getting burned out or loosing interest. We had quite a few members that went through that and left. But we expect that this is announced to us, and normally it doesn't happen after the first mission. As such we are a bit careful and on alert if those things happen.
As said, we do not care about your experience or your rank in other units. What we care about is that members that join us are reliable members, that fly and write their report, and that you inform your CO about when you cannot attend for one or the other reason.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Wed May 09, 2018 12:17 pm

You're not hearing the 'message' being played to you very loud and very clear chap!

Talking about what you will or wont do, what you are interested/not interested in, or levels of capability, is not paying attention to that which is held most dear here at ACG.... a willingness to put up, shut up, get stuck in and most importantly 'listen', as part of the wider community. It's not about the 'me' it's about the 'we'.

Maybe ask more and tell less? would be a good start?

For example "would you mind if I rejoined your campaign?" :oops:

Just my two cents for what it is worth...

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Burned out isn't really an excuse, even more so only after 1 mission.

A lot of people who fly in ACG are sick of the BoB and have done the campaign over 3 times! The joy of this group is that we stick together and keep flying!
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Sorry bout my earlier comment it was in bad taste.

Basically we still only have one core rule and that is 'Don't be a dick'. Leaving us without notice and then expecting us to take you back in without at the very least an apology is a dick move.
Last edited by Jammy on Wed May 09, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do