New pilot, ready to serve ol' Blighty

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

VikingMike

New pilot, ready to serve ol' Blighty

Post by VikingMike » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Hello gents,

Long time player, new to racking the realism up and trying not to blow the engine out of my own Hurricane before the Hun does. :joyman:

Matt.C, whom I work with, has given me a few lessons on getting my plane in the air and down again and shown me some of your amazing videos, so I hope to get up to speed and be able to join you soon!

As a lover of all things related to military history I can't wait to get stuck in.

Tally Ho!

Mike

Baron le Scrope

Re: New pilot, ready to serve ol' Blighty

Post by Baron le Scrope » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Welcome Vik., I see you are already one of us by choosing the famous Hurri., just concentrate on taking off, crashing is elementary.B.
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Ahh yes, more prey to shoot down!

Welcome Mike! We only have 2 missions left of flying Cliffs of Dover before we move the campaign over to the eastern front so you might not want to get too comfy in that hurricane ;)
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Welcome Mike, but Geordie is correct there, so it'll be Stalin or Hitler you'll be serving with us

VikingMike

Post by VikingMike » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 am

Stalin or Hitler? An Englishman is spoilt for choice! :D

I do like the thought of giving the eponymous Ilyushin I-2 Sturmovic a go though.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:41 pm

VikingMike wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 am
I do like the thought of giving the eponymous Ilyushin I-2 Sturmovic a go though.
Spoken like a true I-16 volunteer :lol:

Welcome Mike :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Ah, I see you take a liking to the Yogscast! Used to be a fan back in the day ... anyhoo, wellcome to ACG. As has been stated only two missions left in the BoB, though we may revisit the game again once the Tobruk Expansion is released.

Russian wise you currently have to pick from I-16's, Mig-3's, P-40's and Pe-2's. At the moment theres no plan to fly IL-2's until we move from Moscow to Stalingrad. You'll most likely be placed into a squadron in need of pilots but if you can't stand a plane we of course allow you to try flying something else.

Just hop on TS sometime in the evening and we'll be sure to help you with any questions you have

Jammy
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:07 am

Has VikingMike been killed on the Ostfront?