Better late then never

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Etherlight

Better late then never

Post by Etherlight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

Hello there, Sirs and Madams,

I've been a long time lurker in these forums and popped up a few times in BoX test runs and even played 1-2 of your BoB campaign missions as a guest about....about very long ago. ^^ I've been playing BoX since it came out and haven't looked back to CloD since. When I heard that ACG is going to migrate to BoX I was a happy man, since I think the community needs a bit more organized campaign-play. True, there is Friday Night Bomber Flights and Tactical Air War, but most of BoX consists of airquake still. As of right now, I'm not part of any squadron anymore either, soooo... Not hard to guess at this point that I wanna be a part of that, since I'm sick and tired of getting most of my flying in on public furballs and derpfests. So here's me!

I've not played Flightsims since the dawn of time, like some of the folks I got to know over the years. In fact, I started out on War Thunder! :P I know people like giving War Thunder shit for being the Call of Duty of Flightsims, but there are quite a few avid simmers that started out there, like me, so I cannot complain. From then on I got over to CloD, then over to DCS, then BoX. What stuck is basically a mixture of 80% BoX and 20% DCS (I love modern mudmovers and Helos). I'm 30 years old now and responsible for my mates having to edit out quite a lot of comms whenever they produce their youtube vids. That shall suffice about me for starters. :D

Some stuff that might be relevant about me for the inhouse campaign if we get together:

- I'm German, but my English is pretty good, so you could theoretically put me anywhere.
- I have no hard preferences for nationality or for certain planes, but I'm a fighter jock per trade and would be a very sad panda in a bomber. Very sad. Would be fine in an IL-2 or 110 G2 from time to time, tho, I like busting tanks. (People need to learn to use those sweet, sweet russian rockets, they're awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucYjOtK5R54)
- I know about the commitment to the inhouse campaign and I am totally fine with that.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Thaine

Re: Better late then never

Post by Thaine » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 am

Hei Etherlight and welcome to ACG.

I think I've seen your name already somewhere on our Forum and TS? The BoB is finished and we're about to transition to BoX. Just jump on our TS and be active in the forums. A lot of our guys are already flying BoX regularly for training and familiarization and you're welcome to join them.

I think you're most needed in one of our German speaking squadrons (6./JG26 and 8./JG26 in the BoB - don't quite know what unit in the upcoming BoX campaign but they will fly 109s), since German speaking pilots are a bit hard to come by.

There will be a info meeting, mainly for our members, on Sunday 20:00 MEST. You're welcome to join in here as well to get some more insight on how we do things.

~S~ Thaine
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Glad to have you aboard, sorry I moved you out on Sunday but I didn't know that you had actually joined!

Warthunder is great because you are right, it is an introduction to flight combat

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:48 am

Dickie wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm
Warthunder is great because you are right, it is an introduction to flight combat
Warthunder Acg campaign confirmed

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union