12 mission Desert campaign, ready to roll

Anything to do with the Desert Campaign goes in here. Please post your flight reports into this forum.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

12 mission Desert campaign, ready to roll

Post by Dickie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I was talking to 5./JG27 Farber about 1946 and HSFX, and we started talking about a desert campaign. He checked his archives and found a multiplayer co-op for both sides, historical and chronological. I tested it and it works in the latest 4.11.1 and HSFX history mod. So, all we need are people up for it and it'll fill in the time nicely whilst JF works on the COD France campaign. Who is in? post here.

PS, no I don't know which day to run it
PPS, check the sticking post on getting 1946 up and running
PPPS, yes a lot of the graphics suck, but not the landscape or playability - smooth as silk it is! I've done a few flights in 1946 again this week and enjoyed them more than frustrating COD, which needs more time to develop and become good.

Robo

Re: 12 mission Desert campaign, ready to roll

Post by Robo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 am

Osprey wrote:I was talking to 5./JG27 Farber about 1946 and HSFX, and we started talking about a desert campaign. He checked his archives and found a multiplayer co-op for both sides, historical and chronological. I tested it and it works in the latest 4.11.1 and HSFX history mod. So, all we need are people up for it and it'll fill in the time nicely whilst JF works on the COD France campaign. Who is in? post here.

PS, no I don't know which day to run it
PPS, check the sticking post on getting 1946 up and running
PPPS, yes a lot of the graphics suck, but not the landscape or playability - smooth as silk it is! I've done a few flights in 1946 again this week and enjoyed them more than frustrating COD, which needs more time to develop and become good.
Yeah I am all for it! I also did a few sorties in good ol' 1946 at the new HSFX 'Aces over Europe' server. Very good for a change from the Battle of Britain scenario. I am still flying the old sim with my Slovak squad and I am very impressed with the HSFX, count me in any time!

I've seen you and Nitrous over there but couldn't join our comms as I was trying to lead a flight of Fulmars. Unfortunately, none of my squadmates speak English :(

When it comes to any campaign in 1946, please let it be some later war scenario ;)

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am

im down for that!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 am

Our little run in Hurricanes was a disaster, Nitrous and I were piddling about and just laughing. Something interesting too, HSFX regulates your aircraft number - I couldn't select K for King last night so I presume it was taken somewhere. Incorrect though because I had SD markings so it should've been free.

This campaign is 41-43 Desert, starts with the eye-ties. Farber has a few campaigns so we'll see how this one runs first, they are older though so we don't know what will work in HSFX and what won't.

PS. I thought Kwaitek did the FM's for the 12lbs Hurricane ?? If so it's a real cock up - the thing will only manage 250mph @ 12lbs on the deck. This is worse than COD, should be 260mph @ 6lbs and 290mph @ 12lbs. Think I will send him a PM through Banana.

Urizen

Post by Urizen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:03 am

What? Campaign? In 1946? Now i´ve gotta download me HSFX fast :mrgreen:

Robo

Post by Robo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 am

Osprey wrote:Our little run in Hurricanes was a disaster, Nitrous and I were piddling about and just laughing. Something interesting too, HSFX regulates your aircraft number - I couldn't select K for King last night so I presume it was taken somewhere. Incorrect though because I had SD markings so it should've been free.
I think that is a problem with some particular maps. It's been reported here: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3339
Osprey wrote:This campaign is 41-43 Desert, starts with the eye-ties. Farber has a few campaigns so we'll see how this one runs first, they are older though so we don't know what will work in HSFX and what won't.
Probably better off with some campaigns made specifically for HSFX. There is lots of new objects etc. Was the original one built on UP3? If so, bad luck.

Give us Tomahawks please. Please Pleeeeease.
Osprey wrote:PS. I thought Kwaitek did the FM's for the 12lbs Hurricane ?? If so it's a real cock up - the thing will only manage 250mph @ 12lbs on the deck. This is worse than COD, should be 260mph @ 6lbs and 290mph @ 12lbs. Think I will send him a PM through Banana.
I don't think that's the one by Kwiatek in HSFX but I might be wrong.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 am

The idea is that there is minimal map making therefore minimal risk of wasted effort if we get crappy numbers for it. I'm happy with a desert campaign, I will make sure that the aircraft are matched historically - if it was made by LW jockeys they often shove in G2's in early 42 when the reality was they weren't in theatre until after El Al 2.

This is just to give us all something to do. Any suggestions on a day to run it? Can't be a Sunday really, that's a CoD day, will have to be midweek really. How about the opposite day to whatever our ZG26 bitchup day is? This week is Thursday so we would do Wednesday, and the following week Thursday (no it doesn't start tonight!)

I spoke with Kwiatek re the FM, he said he had many args with SAS about it, his ones were correct speeds.

@Urizen. Always worthwhile to have a working 1946 + HSFX

Urizen

Post by Urizen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 am

Currently i have a 1946 + UP3 install, just always forgot to dl HSFX :oops:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:51 am

Check the sticky in this forum. The reason for changing to HSFX is, unfortunately, that UP seems to have died and doesn't support 4.11.1, but HSFX does.

You will need to make sure your install is stock 1946 4.10 (you can do this by just unloading mods in the JSGME if you don't have a backup). Then test the stock 4.10 and back it up. Then upgrade through the 3 patches to 4.11.1 (easy to do), test stock and backup. Then install HSFX 6.

All the links and install info is in the sticky :)

Urizen

Post by Urizen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:04 pm

i´ve got a 4.10.1 backup, so only 2 patches to install :mrgreen: .