SEOW Desert Campaign - Starting 6th October

Anything to do with the Desert Campaign goes in here. Please post your flight reports into this forum.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Robo

Re: SEOW Desert Campaign - Starting 6th October

Post by Robo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 am

Will be there. It was nice to see LW arse kicked yesterday around Argentan :mrgreen: Osprey got Farber, I got Pitti. Can't get any better. The game is awfuly old but still fun.

This campaign - will we be getting some Tomahawks at later stage?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 am

Oh yeah, he bagged me in the campaign and didn't fail but to remind me about it ;) Come 1946 and a Spitfire IX he took a beating lol

Just to bore you, a large group formed over Faliase @ 15kft which seemed to be all allied, then 5./JG27 turned up and a dogfight started. Sadly after trying to sort allied from axis Bounder found out the hard way and was shot down. Gromic was tailing a 109 for a while but I lost him and latched onto a 109. I score hits and got grey smoke so he dive vertically all the way to the deck! This time I was very aggressive and followed, I don't normally do that - it was a good airframe test for 4.11.1 lol He went vertical which I thought was a mistake, I fired again from 100 and black smoke poured out. I didn't know he was setting me up and I took a few hits. Well, I figured that at least he should go in even if I do so I got onto him a third time he burst into flames - beautiful effects! so he bailed out and was delighted to see it was Farber ;). I limped off north at which point the internet cut off AGAIN :evil: It was only 21:07 :o Really pissed off with it, I've penned a letter for Watchdog about it now.

Loved 1946, really smooth, a new lease of life.

We start on Hurricanes Ib's, these are upgraded to IIb's, then we get P-40's which again get upgraded until we get Spitfires and P-40M's. I sent a list to Farbs so this should go in. He had Axis on 109F4's the whole way but I showed him evidence of when the F4 arrived so they'll have to start on E4's. I'll catch him on Steam to be sure.

Robo

Post by Robo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah it was good fun. Sorry for not joining you but I still fly the old sim with my original 1946 Squad (only on this particular HSFX server actually as it happens to be Czech/Slovak and I know 90% of the ppl flying in there). It was good to see you, I was trying to guide you to the battle but could not leave my TS as I was leading the flight. I had my trusty P-51C and did a bomber cover over the area. I've seen two 190s lurking behind the AI bombers so took them out while they were flying nice and straight. One of them was Pitti, luckily. I was very pleased to see him go down :lol: I've seen you bagging Farber and then you got kicked.

For the campaign - what is the date of the first mission? Was he serious with F-4? :roll:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:32 am

This Saturday, 6th October, starting UK 2000 so since it's co-op be online for 1930UK. The map will be repeated on midweek as a DF server with refly enabled.

Yes, he had F4's from 6th April through to after El Al II (that's Nov 42). I showed evidence that the F4 didn't arrive until September, and that the G2 and 190 wasn't until Sept 42 and Nov 42 respectively. He said he doesn't want to fly the G anyway. I'm yet to have a second talk on types, but there is time as long as the E4 or E7 is in for the first couple of missions. F4 will dominate when it arrives up to the Tomahawk III and Spitfire Vb/Vc4. I didn't want a co-op because that can end too quickly for people, I'd rather an MDS map with refly, where refly is punished by points to the enemy and time.

BTW, I think we may be a little short on Allied pilots. Do you want to bring a couple of guest RAF from your group? They would have to just put on some other tags because it's supposed to be internal to ACG and 5./JG27 but that's just for the co-op, it is private, not a public event.

Buzpilot

Post by Buzpilot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi guys, I'm downloading HSFX6 now, and i'll be there if all installs ok.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Fantastic Buz, will be great to have you with us :)

Please make sure you check the installation guide I posted and do your game directory backups etc. You need to be up to 4.11.1 and also make sure you are up to date with the HSFX autoupdater.

See you on Saturday 8-)

Robo

Post by Robo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Osprey wrote:BTW, I think we may be a little short on Allied pilots. Do you want to bring a couple of guest RAF from your group? They would have to just put on some other tags because it's supposed to be internal to ACG and 5./JG27 but that's just for the co-op, it is private, not a public event.
I can try that ;)

You're spot on with the types introduction. After June '41, there should be a few Tomahawks from No.250 Squadron.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm

I admit. I had a blast flying with Osprey on 46 yesterday. Even though I did lose sight of him I eventually managed to find a 190 strafing allied units on the ground. Too bad he didn't see me. 30 seconds later he went in with a massive explosion (gotta love those visual effects that I loaded in addition to the regular HSFX stuff). Thereafter a second FW crossed my sights while leaving the combat area. This one also went in but at about the same time his wingman (me thinks) saw me alight his leader and promptly put me out of the game.

I need to set up my TIR better for 46 and get San's FOV running again (google that chaps).

Anyway, had a blast. Here's hoping for more.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Grom, can you post a thread about the visual effects you are talking about please? They sound interesting.

I can send you a profile for TrackIR, mine is fine for '46.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Osp, check the "HSFX 6.x Mods and other goodies" thread here:
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... ?f=6&t=119

First post. Look for the Link to Gurners 4.3 AND the additional core package. I've also included a short description on how to install it.

It will drop FPS by about 5-7 frames but it's well worth it.

Thanks for the TIR profile offer but I use freetrack (even if I say "TIR"). Anyway, won't be too much of a hassel setting it up. I'm just lazy (like you) :lol:

Also, check for San's IL-2 FOV application here:
http://il2fovchanger.byethost7.com

This app allows for smooth zooming. No more three stage FOV changes (near, medium, far).

Cheers
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron