Luftwaffe Dynamic desert campaign?

Anything to do with the Desert Campaign goes in here. Please post your flight reports into this forum.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

DavidRed

Luftwaffe Dynamic desert campaign?

Post by DavidRed » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 pm

hey guys, as i now installed 1946 again, im somehow in the mood to fly dynamic offline campaigns(no worries, i will keep flying online with all of you guys).
when i looked in the career mode of the stock game, there are many dynamic campaigns, but i couldnt find anything in a desert scenario.
so i thought i should look at mission for today and see if i find anything there, but somehow this site is really hard to look through and somehow after half an hour i couldnt find anything.
so i thought i would ask here, if anybody knows if a dynamic desert campaign exists at all....

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Luftwaffe Dynamic desert campaign?

Post by Dickie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 am

Mission4Today has stocks of all the missions and there are desert campaigns. BUT, you have to check versions, the stock desert map is total shite but there are 2 or 3 mod maps which are very good. If it's stock of any version it will work, if it's built with mods then it may work, some aircraft may be missing etc.

I can see you've really got into this.......... ;)

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:18 am

well i could find some static offline campaigns, but no dynamic desert campaign.
in the stock game there are only dynamic campaigns for the eastern regions, and late war scenarios.im tired of flying over the russian deserted maps.
misson4today is a great site, but its filled with information and downloads so that its hard to find what you are looking for.
any help or link would be greatly appreciated.

Robo

Post by Robo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

DavidRed wrote:well i could find some static offline campaigns, but no dynamic desert campaign.
in the stock game there are only dynamic campaigns for the eastern regions, and late war scenarios.im tired of flying over the russian deserted maps.
misson4today is a great site, but its filled with information and downloads so that its hard to find what you are looking for.
any help or link would be greatly appreciated.
Dynamic desert campaigns should be generated via DGen. From Mission4Today (and similar websites) you can onlu d/l linear campaigns that are much better imho. The problem with DGen is that the version currently in game is old and does not incorporate the new contents (like maps, new planes). The idea was to generate some basic missions from a template where you pick your rank, unit etc. and go through career, winning medals and ranking up. BUT it's boring ath this moment - the missions were still the same 3 types and it kept you flying miles away before something happened. I know there is autopilot but still. You can try of course...

To be honest, the Il-2 series is not very good at all with offline flying, and if so, you might be better off downloading linear campaigns. You can't download the dynamic ones, they are simply generated by DGen. Your actions have no impact on next mission anyway and there is no feeling that you're part of certain unit, no scoreboardm, no proper names. You can try to google for DGen on SAS website, they might have something, I reckon someone has been working on DGen upgrade. I lost my interest in offline flying long time ago and can't really help you.

As for M4T, I agree it's a bit confusing but the stuff has piled up for last 10 years. You can get skins, missions, medalpacks, voicepacks and all sort of stuff. All you need to know the main part is for stock game, other part is for 'MODS'. What happened was that some time ago one guy hacked the game and from then on you could change stuff and add more contents. That was both good and bad as without it the game would be still at its 2005 status and pretty much dead and bad because now you have to have this and that installed to go on this and that server. Since then, there are semiofficial modpacks that set the standard and you just switch certain parts on via JGSME. Now the actual files are incorporated in SFS archives so it's much faster and safer and more stable. Before that, all new stuff was just unpacked as TGAs and god knows what in the MODS folder. These popular modpacks were at first AAA, then UP (ultrapack 2 and 3, kind of sucked and was never finished properly) and the clearly best one HSFX. HSFX has been around for years, but mostly used for a coop campaigns called SEOW. This last one set a new standard and it's very very good. Still problems with unbalanced FMs, try to avoid planes with *), but it's stable and well tested.

If you're into offline flying, DBW might be for you (dark blue world), see on SAS 1946 forums. There is shitloads of campaigns and various offline perks. I don't follow the trends now as I got a bit fed up with having like 7 different versions on my PC (still have them lol). In the old days we did the flying and the question was 'where are we gonna fly tonight?' now the question became more 'is it gonna work at all?' So I settled with the HSFX and focus on flying.

btw LW is even easier in 1946, now when you did some virtual flying in CloD in one plane, you might want try more stuff, don't limit yourself to the 109, they are for kids. :mrgreen:

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 pm

well in the meantime i found something....its called enjorpatch and includes without any addons about 130 different dynamic campaigns.there are some in a desert scenario.i startet one and to be honest, i quite like it.
you have stats, you will get promoted if you do well, and you have moving frontlines...i dont know whether the player really has an effect on the frontlines and the available units, but it feels the way at least.

and this campaign im right now flying seems to be better than the stock dynamic mission.you get into action pretty quickly...you wont have to fly for 20-30minutes until something happens.and the first two missions were pretty cool i have to admit.

i dont know,...im not interested in even the most recommended static campaigns.i like to have things dynamic.if i want something repeatable, then i prefer to watch a good movie...
the dynamic character is attracting me.im already interested how far i will get.if i die, i will have to start from scratch again...ive always played those missions(the stock dynamic campaigns) this way.

Robo

Post by Robo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:13 pm

DavidRed wrote:well in the meantime i found something....its called enjorpatch and includes without any addons about 130 different dynamic campaigns.there are some in a desert scenario.i startet one and to be honest, i quite like it.
you have stats, you will get promoted if you do well, and you have moving frontlines...i dont know whether the player really has an effect on the frontlines and the available units, but it feels the way at least.
yeah EnjoyR is a Czech guy that did some updates for DGen. He had his own website, too, now I remember. But as I say that's rather old and not totally up-to date with 4.11.1. Still very good I've heard. The alternative for you might be also Lowengrins DCG (also campaign generator), I remeber now I've used it quite a bit.

If you like it that's good for you. I never really explored the addon possibilities properly tbh, I only tried the stock DCG campaigns and it was alright but quite boring after a while. I spent hours and hours playing campaigns when I started and had no internet, don't get me wrong. I also preferred to play them DiD. These 3rd party ones I installed but never had time to properly have a go. Il-2 offline is still a bit of a weak point, compared to careers in say Red Baron or Rise of Flight.

I am glad you like it, it's an old game but still appealing. I agree campauign is the best way to get to know the business. Anything you'd need help with except offline, I am your man ;)