Twilight of Cliffs Campaign

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Twilight of Cliffs Campaign

Post by Gromic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Wait, what? Driver with wobbly balls? What's this?
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm
Even when I was right in the thick of it, I had no issues with frames. You were there too, you know it wasn't exactly un-cluttered airspace. Even Zyk, who routinely has his game turn into a slideshow almost every mission since the Blitz update seemed to have a better time than usual yesterday.

This shit is inconsistent as fuck, man. I don't know that it's as simple as Luftlotte vs Not Luftflotte.
maybe when you asked me my answer wasn't clear, Luft. when i was near bombers and thick action, i did have a slide show, it's just that i was able to fight through it. i was just lucky nobody shot at me, i would have been dead meat......lol....when action and crowded sky subsided, i was able to fly and regroup with my schwarm.....

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:27 pm

There was some minor lag and a few of us in 1st Staffel reported some. during the spaghetti furball. One Hurricane rubber banded away from my shots as went in for the kill, but it wasn't a show stopper by any means.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:43 am

BlackDog wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm
A quick question for the mission folks...

Last night's mission was a lot of fun, but I noticed quite a bit of lag. When we use Donkey's Luftflotte, there is minimal lag (almost none) and the bombers stick together much better.

For the last couple of missions, the bombers end up stringing out all over the place, some simply turn back for no reason at all and the lag has been noticed by many.

Interestingly.... when many faced a slide show two weeks ago, my mission ran smooth as butter, yet having fitted the new GPU and ramped everything to the max, I was getting lag yesterday but granted most of it involved contrails, but when I had it, my Staffel colleagues also had it.

I am not sure if we are using old mission templates from pre 4.53 era? But the crashing issue seems to have been solved by sorting out the RAF spawn issue and I am wondering (if we are using mission templates), might it be better to use Luftflotte for the remaining missions, as the shifts require a restart anyway?

Just curious to learn more about how this title works and what does or does not work.

Again thanks for the mission guys and their efforts.... definitely the most underappreciated members of ACG in my personal opinion...

:salute:
BD
Hi mate, I'm pretty certain we are using a new template for Blitz but perhaps one of the other mission builders can clarify.

The whole crash thing in Blitz was wierd as we were never able to nail down the exact problem, the only thing that seems to have worked is re-starting the server for the second shift. For some reason it seems that something was building up and causing issues when we ran the server for both shifts and that appears (hopefully) to have been avoided now with the re-start method.

Not sure if the Luftflotte thing would make any difference tbh, there seems to be a lot of inconsistency with Blitz, with some having good performance and others having issues for no discernable reason, it has proved quite baffling really.

I think our approach of stripping everything back and re-starting the server is the best solution to stable performance regardless of the build method, whilst it doesn't solve everything we can at least get through the missions now.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Can report, last two missions ran fine, however the mission ran three weeks ago completely slogged my PC.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Bully

Post by Bully » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

The base map we have used since it became Blitz was built in the FMB through Blitz, rather than an old one.

Only thing we had to do was adjust the spawns at Kenley as that’s airfield seems to be fucked. (Spawn points that look fine on the map turn out to be in a forest)

As Boyezee says not sure the use/non use of spawnstar makes a difference. The AI bombers have always been complete eejits and will make up their own course or piss off home if the sky is the wrong shade of blue.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:57 pm

We in 7th often assume assume they are defecting to Norway or some such treachery.

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 pm

It appeared that as 615 started our attack on the bombers most started turning left, but a few carried straight on, causing 4 bombers to collide in 2 big explosions - but I could only discern that looking back at the replay.

At the time it just completely scared the shit out of me as I had just checked six prior to pressing the attack and turned back to be faced by a huge fireball and a cartwheeling Do17 fuselage :o

Brilliant mission - thanks very much :praise:

Guido