Great Mission!

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Trystan

Great Mission!

Post by Trystan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:58 pm

I know the second shift had some issues, but I have to say 27 IAP gives this mission two thumbs up. Even though as a squadron we got mauled, in the debrief afterwards we all agreed is was a great mission and we had a lot of fun.

Starting off by having 110s bombing the airfield in the pre-dawn twilight as we manned our aircraft certainly set the tone.

Thank you mission builders!

:salute:
Trystan
ASUS Z97 / Intel i7-4790K@4.2 GHz / 64 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB / WINDOWS 10 64-bit / 3 x 27" Monitors / Oculus Rift / Thrustmaster 16000m / Thrustmaster FCS Throttle Quadrant / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Cule

Re: Great Mission!

Post by Cule » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:29 pm

I agree! It was a wonderful mission with the 52s and the VVS boys arriving in seamless sync.

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Thanks for dropping by! It was a good fight with the beautiful dawn light in the backround!

Management by perkele

Trystan

Post by Trystan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 am

You guys did the dropping! We never saw the high cover schwarm until you were on top of us. Well done! And it was a fun fight!

We did manage to chew up the 52s a bit, though. One of them appeared to crash right into a bunch of equipment on Pitomnik airfield :B:
ASUS Z97 / Intel i7-4790K@4.2 GHz / 64 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB / WINDOWS 10 64-bit / 3 x 27" Monitors / Oculus Rift / Thrustmaster 16000m / Thrustmaster FCS Throttle Quadrant / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am

We were wondering how many you managed to shoot down since the ones that land, despawn almost immediatly so we couldn't count them! Looking at your AAR I think I shot at you if it was you tumbling down in a spin before bailing out, we thought you might have recovered until we saw the chute. :salute:

Management by perkele

Trystan

Post by Trystan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Steel wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am
We were wondering how many you managed to shoot down since the ones that land, despawn almost immediatly so we couldn't count them! Looking at your AAR I think I shot at you if it was you tumbling down in a spin before bailing out, we thought you might have recovered until we saw the chute. :salute:
That was me, well done! I thought maybe you had shot off my tail but when I bailed everything looked intact and the rudder was in the correct recovery position. I tried for as long as I could to recover, but he (since good Soviets always consider their machines masculine) just wouldn't come out of the spin.

I did manage to sneak through the lines and avoid capture in the dim twilight, though. :B:

Trystan

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Trystan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:12 pm
Steel wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am
That was me, well done! I thought maybe you had shot off my tail but when I bailed everything looked intact and the rudder was in the correct recovery position. I tried for as long as I could to recover, but he (since good Soviets always consider their machines masculine) just wouldn't come out of the spin.

I did manage to sneak through the lines and avoid capture in the dim twilight, though. :B:

Trystan
Awesome! See ya next time :nice:

Management by perkele