615 Squadron and Aircraft allocation.

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dai-San

615 Squadron and Aircraft allocation.

Post by Dai-San » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:31 pm

I was looking around online today for a decent version of the 615 squadron badge for skinning purposes (which I found) but while looking I did some reading up and was surprised to see that 615 squadron didn't actually receive Spitfires until October 1943 yet in the missions we have them.

Now personally I would rather fly Hurricanes as I am a relatively new CLOD pilot and find it a more manageable platform for me.

I was just wondering what the reasoning for 615 having Spitfires 2 years early was and are there any squadrons that still have (and will for a while) hurricanes?

Bully

Re: 615 Squadron and Aircraft allocation.

Post by Bully » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Its difficult really. A few of the squadrons we fly as got moved away from the South East anyway, up as far as Scotland IIRC. The transfer from Hurricanes to Spits is something with are using artistic license. We will probably (Depending on TF) never get to 1943 in CLoD, so 615 would not never progress to Spits, as with a lot of other squadrons. Don't not panic however, as the next campaign will be starting again at the Battle Of France, nothing but lovely Hurricanes all over the place! :)

Honestly cant remember why we chose 615 first, to switch first, but the other squadrons aren't far behind. 111 will be next!

Teepee
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Sqn Cdr

Post by Teepee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Bully wrote: Honestly cant remember why we chose 615 first, to switch first, but the other squadrons aren't far behind. 111 will be next!
Oh Dear! I can't imagine having to strap into a posh Spittie to go and take on the Bosch. :(

What on earth will Sir Sidney say? :shock:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 pm

He's busy working on the next Hun killing machine, the mighty Typhoon.