When Two Weeks is Actually Real

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Shadepiece

When Two Weeks is Actually Real

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Well gents,

Since 4.5 might actually happen at some point in the semi near future I was curious if we have a game plan for the big switch?

If it were to hit during the next six weeks would we immediately go on a two week break so we could get all the missions sorted, or was there some other plan in place?

Cheers!
-Shadepiece

Kildren

Re: When Two Weeks is Actually Real

Post by Kildren » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Well gents,

Since 4.5 might actually happen at some point in the semi near future I was curious if we have a game plan for the big switch?

If it were to hit during the next six weeks would we immediately go on a two week break so we could get all the missions sorted, or was there some other plan in place?

Cheers!
-Shadepiece
why they are bringing in nothing that changes our games?

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 pm

I wouldn't bet on that at all.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Yeah I don't think there is anything that will make any difference to our campaign at all.

Very disappointing, I thought TF4.5 would have lot more content in it than it actually seems there will be, what has it been 4 years plus? and the new update has nothing that we can use to freshen up our campaign, such a shame.

If/when TF5 shows up then that will be the difference maker, unless they listen to Dickie's suggestion of 1941 pack but I think there has still been no response from TF about that.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Boyezee wrote:Yeah I don't think there is anything that will make any difference to our campaign at all.

Very disappointing, I thought TF4.5 would have lot more content in it than it actually seems there will be, what has it been 4 years plus? and the new update has nothing that we can use to freshen up our campaign, such a shame.

If/when TF5 shows up then that will be the difference maker, unless they listen to Dickie's suggestion of 1941 pack but I think there has still been no response from TF about that.

Agree 100%. Would love for some 1941 DLC that could include FW-190s, but that is probably 10+years off from now, when and if they ever decide to release TF5 and work toward another TF mod :(

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 pm

I think you mis-understood me. I'm thinking that it would be surprising if 4.5 does not break all of our hooks into the game engine, e.g. that on release we find our Donkey toolset no longer works (Radar, 3DGC, Spawnstar etc.). These sorts of things we can't test until it gets released... and TF have no reason to try to protect them against change.

Pessimistic view I know.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Yet dead right Bonks.

Not to mention the fair chance of a shit bug like a type being porked.

Alas Smoke I would be stunned if there was anything not already stated, TFS top dogs are big to overstate the delivery.

I recommend that all of you spread the idea of a non tropical 1941 pack of AC, request it and suggest it on Facebook and forums. Fw190 has no chance of arrival until after TF5.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 pm

I still remember that glorious official patch that meant the Hurri wouldn't start any more.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:09 am

Bonkin wrote:I think you mis-understood me. I'm thinking that it would be surprising if 4.5 does not break all of our hooks into the game engine, e.g. that on release we find our Donkey toolset no longer works (Radar, 3DGC, Spawnstar etc.). These sorts of things we can't test until it gets released... and TF have no reason to try to protect them against change.

Pessimistic view I know.
just give it to all those "ACG" TF 4.5 testers and see if it works ;)

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:18 am

Isn't the hurricane getting bombs? Wouldn't that change a thing or two in the leaving forward part of the campaign?
Catch me if you can...