Mission 4 Discussion

RAF From 540. Flight reports from the 2nd Battle of Britain Campaign. Only ACG RAF can post

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Bounder

Mission 4 Discussion

Post by Bounder » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Not a campaign report as such but thought I'd post it in here in case anyone's interested (can move/delete if it's messing up the reports but thought I'd post here as it's related) - it's a youtube video of mission 4c (3rd go) from 5./JG27 Gruber's perspective. I believe the action starts with 64 squadron (hence my posting it here) and then moves on to them attacking 401, then 501 and 56 Squadrons.

youtube video of 5./JG27 Gruber's flight mission 4c SoW
5./JG27 Gruber's flight log from SoW
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Robo

Re: No.64 Squadron SoW campaign reports

Post by Robo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

No that's a cool video really. All I can say I see lots of lousy shooting from the RAF planes involved in there, and I also see lots of flying on the deck where we let them play their game (boom & zoom and drag & bag that is!). We're making it too easy for them you know that chaps! :mrgreen:

Urizen

Post by Urizen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:45 am

Sorry chaps, that i wasn´t of any help in that mission. Whenever i looked anywhere those bloody 109s, my frames hit hell´s basement.
What is more ridiculous, before on ATAG, i dove onto a Formation of 10 or 11 Do17s, the Air was filled with tracers and lead, smooth as hell.

S!

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:03 am

Bounder wrote:Not a campaign report as such but thought I'd post it in here in case anyone's interested (can move/delete if it's messing up the reports but thought I'd post here as it's related) - it's a youtube video of mission 4c (3rd go) from 5./JG27 Gruber's perspective. I believe the action starts with 64 squadron (hence my posting it here) and then moves on to them attacking 401, then 501 and 56 Squadrons.

youtube video of 5./JG27 Gruber's flight mission 4c SoW
5./JG27 Gruber's flight log from SoW
The video is heavily edited, but it does highlight some pretty poor shooting as Robo says. We were talking about it and I wasn't sure if it was quite as bad as he was saying, but from the looks of those tracers convergence settings are off or are not being heeded.

More time spent maintaining altitude and energy advantage and less time holding the target in the crosshair trying to get a shot. In and out, guys! It was clear in the video you guys had a definite advantage coming in. by the way you zoomed down. Call out your targets. Make sure that if you jump a group like that, none of them are free to come to the aid of the other because they've already got someone on their tail. It looked like you all came down in one pack after one guy. The footage may not tell the story, but it didn't look like the cameraman's plane was attacked in that first bounce at all and he should have been lit up hard from the way you came zooming past him.
Virtual No.401 Squadron - XO

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:13 pm

You know how it can be sometimes though, you can't see hardly a thing, we had no idea if it was only one or more and decided to at least not lose sight of that one. TBH, and I'm definately not getting at you personally Wolve, but I'm getting tired of flying an undermodelled machine which has little fighting chance and when I get shot up, even after I six a 109 (on 3 occasions in that fight), that it's somehow my fault - it particularly comes from 109 pilots (not ours though!). I think you get with this mismatch - I used to nobble loads of 109's in the Hurricane on the Steam version.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Osprey wrote:You know how it can be sometimes though, you can't see hardly a thing, we had no idea if it was only one or more and decided to at least not lose sight of that one. TBH, and I'm definately not getting at you personally Wolve, but I'm getting tired of flying an undermodelled machine which has little fighting chance and when I get shot up, even after I six a 109 (on 3 occasions in that fight), that it's somehow my fault - it particularly comes from 109 pilots (not ours though!). I think you get with this mismatch - I used to nobble loads of 109's in the Hurricane on the Steam version.
Oh, there's no doubt that the aircraft aren't right. Add to that the design of the missions we've been flying and there's very little incentive to go up unless you create it yourself.

401's been having a great time on the ACG server lately. Do we have any other days of the battle to add? The current raids are a little TOO easy to locate now :P

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:20 pm

I can't add further missions until somebody adds the code to make them rotate. I have August 18th ready, that's the huge raid on Kenley and Biggin Hill. Once I have this code it'll give me incentive to make more missions, next will be Sept 7th, the first day of the Blitz.

Just trying to get hold of Moggel, when he gets chance I am sure he can sort the code out, and of course his RDF system needs a decent test.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Osprey wrote:I can't add further missions until somebody adds the code to make them rotate. I have August 18th ready, that's the huge raid on Kenley and Biggin Hill. Once I have this code it'll give me incentive to make more missions, next will be Sept 7th, the first day of the Blitz.

Just trying to get hold of Moggel, when he gets chance I am sure he can sort the code out, and of course his RDF system needs a decent test.
Is there any way we can get the code from the ATAG guys? They seem to have theirs rotating okay. Might save time if Moggel is incommunicado.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 am

I was thinking that but since we have so much of our own code I'm reluctant to just borrow it and put it in. I'll chase Moggle a bit more, he went on hols and hasn't come back! :o