G-14

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderator: Board of Directors

User avatar
Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:19 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

G-14

Post by Flyby » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Flyby out
Image
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

User avatar
Onebad
Kapitan
Kapitan
Adjutant
Staff
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: G-14

Post by Onebad » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 pm

I was just trying the G-14 in newly released Bodenplatte.
Lemme just tell you, I'm starting to get why so few of those survived to these days.
Image

And my soul must be iron, cause my fear is naked
I’m naked and fearless, and my fear is naked.

User avatar
Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:19 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: G-14

Post by Flyby » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:56 pm

OB, please expound on your findings for the Gustav-14. Inquiring minds want to know. :)
Flyby out
Image
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

User avatar
DaHeld
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
Staff
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 pm
Location: Dachau, Germany

Re: G-14

Post by DaHeld » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:31 am

Why is that? I'm quite successful in it, especially against the new american planes...
Image

User avatar
Onebad
Kapitan
Kapitan
Adjutant
Staff
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: G-14

Post by Onebad » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm

DaHeld wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:31 am
Why is that? I'm quite successful in it, especially against the new american planes...
It's just... not good. Like, it's not terrible or unflyable but just not good enough. I'm sure you can do well in it in right circumstances but it still doesn't make it good.
Too slow, and high speed maneuverability is just abysmal. After flying the Mustang daily since BoBp came out even the Dora hardly presents a challenge and the G-14 is just a mid-day snack in comparison.
I'd argue that the worst thing about any later 109 is that you just can't outdive anyone because you will get cought up with, and once that happens, all you can do is deflect the stick and watch the plane do nothing, as Mustangs or Tempests still retain fantastic responsiveness and easily maintain gun solutions.
Image

And my soul must be iron, cause my fear is naked
I’m naked and fearless, and my fear is naked.

User avatar
Ginger
Starshiy Leytenant
Starshiy Leytenant
Adjutant
Staff
Posts: 2460
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: Nottingham, England

Re: G-14

Post by Ginger » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Doh , that means most the current Luftwaffe will want to swap sides for bodenplatte then! :popcorn:
Image
"I saved you, " cried the woman "And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman, " said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

User avatar
Digby
Mayor
Mayor
Sqn Cdr
Staff
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Re: G-14

Post by Digby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Onebad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm
DaHeld wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:31 am
Why is that? I'm quite successful in it, especially against the new american planes...
It's just... not good. Like, it's not terrible or unflyable but just not good enough. I'm sure you can do well in it in right circumstances but it still doesn't make it good.
Too slow, and high speed maneuverability is just abysmal. After flying the Mustang daily since BoBp came out even the Dora hardly presents a challenge and the G-14 is just a mid-day snack in comparison.
I'd argue that the worst thing about any later 109 is that you just can't outdive anyone because you will get cought up with, and once that happens, all you can do is deflect the stick and watch the plane do nothing, as Mustangs or Tempests still retain fantastic responsiveness and easily maintain gun solutions.
Excellent analysis Kowalski! :D
Tornado: I'm going in low.
Jaguar: I'm going in lower!
Buccaneer: Hold my beer...

User avatar
Jammy
Leytenant
Leytenant
Adjutant
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Location: Värmland, Sweden

Re: G-14

Post by Jammy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Onebad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm
DaHeld wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:31 am
Why is that? I'm quite successful in it, especially against the new american planes...
It's just... not good. Like, it's not terrible or unflyable but just not good enough. I'm sure you can do well in it in right circumstances but it still doesn't make it good.
Too slow, and high speed maneuverability is just abysmal. After flying the Mustang daily since BoBp came out even the Dora hardly presents a challenge and the G-14 is just a mid-day snack in comparison.
I'd argue that the worst thing about any later 109 is that you just can't outdive anyone because you will get cought up with, and once that happens, all you can do is deflect the stick and watch the plane do nothing, as Mustangs or Tempests still retain fantastic responsiveness and easily maintain gun solutions.
Image
Image
"Always strive to be better than who you were yesterday"

User avatar
Onebad
Kapitan
Kapitan
Adjutant
Staff
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: G-14

Post by Onebad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Jammy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 pm
I still firmly believe that who's behind the stick is more important what kind of a stick is this, as proven by DaHeld himself who does well in a G-14 and was surprised that I don't like it. The fact that some aircraft are superior to other's though, remains a fact, and nobody's arguing about it. I'm pressing the left button, all the way.
Image

And my soul must be iron, cause my fear is naked
I’m naked and fearless, and my fear is naked.

User avatar
Jaydog
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Adjutant
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:41 pm
Location: Falling Waters, West Virginia (USA)

Re: G-14

Post by Jaydog » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Onebad wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:31 pm
Jammy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 pm
I still firmly believe that who's behind the stick is more important what kind of a stick is this, as proven by DaHeld himself who does well in a G-14 and was surprised that I don't like it. The fact that some aircraft are superior to other's though, remains a fact, and nobody's arguing about it. I'm pressing the left button, all the way.
I agree, it's the pilot that determines most outcomes. Personally, the G-14 is a favorite of mine, and have had good success against the P51 so far in it, but much is depending on surprise and true traditional LW boom n zoom tactics.
Image

i7-9700F, 8-Core 3.0GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo), NVIDEA RTX 2070 Super 8GB; 32 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; VR: Oculus Rift S

Post Reply