Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: If Fury was a British Film

Post by Dickie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Considerably more believable than the actual film. Bravo.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:11 pm

I actually like Fury. Don't @ me.

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Really? Could have been good. Some bits were. The battle at the end was probably the most unbelievable Hollywood turkey shoot ever. Made the A Team look like a serious documentary. An SS battalion armed to the teeth with Panzerfaust can’t take out an immobile tank in the dark. There is a good reason that you always approach a tank from the front in RL. Because the bugger can’t see you in any other direction and may run you over by mistake if you don’t. Seven years I sat in a bloody tank (not continuously, that would be silly, although it felt like it on occasion) and believe me, infantry in close country have you cold. That battle would have been over as soon as the first PF hit it up the arse, in the side, in fact anywhere. Why did the SS even stop to bother with it. Their mission was the supply depot. Leave the tank to stew. Sergeant "Manila John" Basilone (Google) only managed to kill 38 Japs in a Banzi charge with his 50 cal, Brad Pit takes out a whole battalion of SS. Silly, just very silly.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:33 am

Yeah the ending battle was fucking ridiculous and the whole movie is ripe with the usual Hollywood plot-armour BS like a battery of Pak 38s completely failing to hit a single one of the four Shermans rolling slowly towards them across an open field (and not for lack of trying) or the Tiger scene which everyone's sure to have some sort of misgiving about, whether it's the Tiger crew acting like retards and charging forward or neither the Tiger or Sherman E8 being able to pen each other frontally at a range of less than 300m.

All that in mind, I enjoyed it a lot. It's not a hardcore realism interpretation of the realities of WWII but it's an enjoyable war movie that's very visually impressive and features some surprisingly good characters. They managed to make Shia LaBeouf tolerable somehow and that's no small feat.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm

Ha that is brilliant but also strangely familiar :lol:
Professional manchild

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:10 pm

This video gave me a good laugh! thank you Mezza! :nice: :salute: :B:
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.