The Beginning Of The End

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bonkin

Re: The Beginning Of The End

Post by Bonkin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Wow. Thanks for this Nails.

Would be good to see a picture of it running on those if you are able?

Nails

Post by Nails » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Morning shippers.

I'm in the "booth" on Tuesday to see if the original 1280x720 cuts the mustard. If it doesnt, then here is the plan.

1. If I play the original (1.97Gb) movie via my HD UltraP player on an LG 32" HDTV. The result, isn't very good.

2. I have re-encoded your original to 1920x1080 at the highest possible quality (I've not tried 4K yet)! File size is now 7.9Gb. When this is played back as in Step 1, the results are excellent (like watching it on your PC via Vimeo/Youtube).

3. Problomatic file sizes:

a. If the SD Card the 9.7Gb file is on is formatted to Ex-Fat the movie stalls about a quarter of the way in, due to the file size limitations of Ex-Fat (preferring the size to be under 4Gb, just like Fat32).

b. If the SD Card the 9.7Gb file is on is formatted to NTFS the movie plays with a very good image, from beginning to end (did you see what I did there)? However, the DV reader back in the conference centre has to be capable of reading SD Cards formatted in NTFS, and then play the mp4. I won't know until next week.

c. I reduced the quality of the re-encoded 1920x1080 to 50%. This has given me a file size under 4Gb (will play on an exFAT formatted SD Card). Another option I can go for next week to see how it looks.

I will let you know how it goes!

With regards taking photos "on the night". This I will try to do.

I have been invited to sit down with the diners and eat. But because my (literally) priceless BoB collection will then be left unattended. I have opted for the "free beer all night" option so I can keep an eye on my stuff. Having said that, I will try to film/take photos of BOTE being played.

Nails

Post by Nails » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 pm

I also re-rendered the BOTE Trailer (which will be played out in the Foyer, along with a few other bits and bobs).

While watching (the trailer) I noticed one of the Hurricanes had Figaro the Cat painted on the cowling.

Look what I got for my Birthday.

Ian Gleed 87 Squadron.

My pressie ...

Guido

Post by Guido » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Nails

Any problem with the IT - just tell AVM Chris Moore to sort it out. After all, he's an engineer and in charge of Info Systems and Services :lol:

Ask him nicely though - he may be a nice bloke but he does enjoy violence, having played professional rugby (flanker) for Bristol RFC....

Hope it goes well :B:

Guido

Nails

Post by Nails » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:47 am

Guido wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:41 pm
Nails

Any problem with the IT - just tell AVM Chris Moore to sort it out. After all, he's an engineer and in charge of Info Systems and Services :lol:

Ask him nicely though - he may be a nice bloke but he does enjoy violence, having played professional rugby (flanker) for Bristol RFC....

Hope it goes well :B:

Guido
Thanks Guido.

I'm ex-Navy. But work with:

1 x ex-Flt Sgt (AF)' if you went through Trade Group 3 training at Locking' he was one of your Technical Instructors.

1 x ex-SGT TC (I worked with him briefly when I was with Airbus) who is helping me on the night (cheers Steve)!

1 x ex-CPL TC

They all say what a great bloke Pony Moore is. I've heard he is bringing a couple of men from the Ministry with him, but I don't know who they are yet.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 am

Good stuff Nails.

On an unrelated point I managed to get tickets for the Macc Lads reunion tour this autumn. Should be great!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Good Lord!!!!

Militarily famous! Uber impressive.

Just a thought, but another classic, albeit shorter, is "The Struggle", although it does have a "Want to join us?" message right at the end, and has a Hun victory on it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzuu_dWhrO8

Nails

Post by Nails » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Donkey wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 am
Good stuff Nails.

On an unrelated point I managed to get tickets for the Macc Lads reunion tour this autumn. Should be great!
Brilliant Donkey!

If you are within shouting distance of Uncle Knobby, give him the wanker sign and tell him Smudge says hello!

Nails

Post by Nails » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Dickie wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:11 pm
Good Lord!!!!

Militarily famous! Uber impressive.

Just a thought, but another classic, albeit shorter, is "The Struggle", although it does have a "Want to join us?" message right at the end, and has a Hun victory on it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzuu_dWhrO8
I'm putting "The Struggle" in the "Loop" pile Grae. I always thought this was going to get expanded? BOTE also has a "want to join us". It is what it is, but times have changed.

Bonkin needs to do another BOTE and include 32 and 610! Hint, hint!

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Nails wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm
Brilliant Donkey!

If you are within shouting distance of Uncle Knobby, give him the wanker sign and tell him Smudge says hello!
Certainly shall. I fully intend to elbow my way to the front!