The Hardest Day - Part 1 - Ground Control

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Miki

The Hardest Day - Part 1 - Ground Control

Post by Miki » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 am

Hi chaps,

For anyone wondering what we are doing in GC, here is a video recorded during during the first shift of your last mission.
Actor are Bully, Jammy, and me, with guest star Ginger.

Enjoy !

Edit : just saw that my mic is not recorded when I give orders to Panta and Freema... Too bad. Anyway, I keep this post, for an overview.

Darky

Re: The Hardest Day - Part 1 - Ground Control

Post by Darky » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 am

Interesting thank you for posting this video

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks Miki, the inside of ground control is fascinating! And a heart thanks for missing out on the action on Sunday due to Ground Control volunteering :salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Nails

Post by Nails » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Cheers for the insight Miki. I didn't get back from Mothers Day visit in time to fly, even though we didn't take off until 2030!

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Awesome stuff there and a wonderful job you chaps in GC are doing. I was almost as immersed watching this as I was actually flying the mission last night. So much so that I found myself often trying to rotate and zoom into the map as I watched it in full screen :lol:

Exceptional I do say! A heartful thank you to all ground controlers. You deserve a medal for your efforts!

:salute:
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Zalzam

Post by Zalzam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Wonderful movie :lux:

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 pm

Very cool. Thanks for posting the GC vid. Was my first time watching one.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal