Camera Ship is Ready

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Pitti

Re: Camera Ship is Ready

Post by Pitti » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Great video Bonkin! This camera ship is a really good idea. :)
Bonkin wrote: 2. It took a long time for the camera ship paint scheme to come through. I'm wondering whether the cache can be distributed to participants ahead of filming - and if so, how to identify it?
No, distribution of the cache doesn't help. We did serveral tests but it never worked. Nothing did help to improve this. :(

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Looking forward to this!

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Bunny wrote:Bloody excellent Bonkin - without post effects, that's the first time I've seen the genuine camera footage look you get from an aircraft to aircraft camera shoot. It really will make the ACG video stand out from the crowd.

One small thing - the aspect ratio of the logo intro is squished vertically - the red ACG logo should be round when viewed correctly. Can you alter the import settings in your video software to correct that?
Sorry Bunny I hadn't noticed this, (I was probably too upset with myself with the lack of anti-aliasing). It is not too noticable to me but may be a result of the rendering settings I chose. I think when we come to put the finished thing together it will probably need a bit of a review before we release it - in order to catch things like this.

Regarding post effects - you're quite right - there are none. I replay the track in the recorder and with Fraps and TrackIR running try and keep the POI on screen. With the camera ship moving about it is quite tricky but I'm very happy with the result. Teepee did say there was some lag so I'm hoping that when we come to do this properly with Kristorf hosting, we can still get the same effect.