In memory of Spike

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Ullski

Re: In memory of Spike

Post by Ullski » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:34 pm

Very well done Bonkin and everyone involved!

Makes me proud to be a part of this community.

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Well done Lads, well done Bonks. I hope his daughter get some gets pleasure from it in this very sad and difficult time. I'll say it again, beautiful, and touching. Very emotional.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Well done Lads, well done Bonks. I hope his daughter get some gets pleasure from it in this very sad and difficult time. I'll say it again, beautiful, and touching. Very emotional
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Digby

Post by Digby » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 pm

The level of thought and care that went into the making of this is truly moving. What a wonderful tribute to Spike.

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Today I make my last comment on the post I made 28th August announcing Spikes passing on the 24th of August 2017. I am blown away with ACG, you guys made 893 visits to it and wrote 70 posts, wow!

Your comments for those who do not know were all looked at by spikes (Davids) family and particularly his daughter and grandson in Canada. This group's integraty and comradeship has shone out to all corners of this small planet, why would anyone not want to join ACG.

Bonkin tonight has sent me details so that I can send the memorial presentation to Samantha and as soon as I complete this post it will be on its way.

A public thank you Bonkin from myself and more importantly from David's family. I said in a PM to Bonks tonight that the time I spent with Spike on TS throughout his illness both in game and out he often spoke about about Cliffs and how realistic it was.

I know he would have had a jaw dropping moment watching Bonkins creation and would have a giggle at all the fuss.

I salute you ACG, I salute Bonkin, well done mate.
Jailor.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Wonderful. Moving. Fitting.

Rest In Peace.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Brilliant. Lost for words.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Kerdou

Post by Kerdou » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 pm

Very moving tribute, I really regret I couldn't be part of it. I'm fairly new to the 610 and I think I only shared one flight with Spike. However I am sure about one thing. In every virtual aviation community I have been part of for past 10 years, I saw the same emotion shared by everybody in such events. We use the word community for the sake of appearances but let's be honest, this is not the appropriate one. In times like this it shows the appropriate word should be brotherhood.

Repose en paix Spike, long live the brotherhood spirit.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:33 pm

What a brilliant, beautiful emotive tribute. Bonkin you have done a wonderful job and deserve a massive pat on the back for all your efforts. Well done 610 and well done Maltloaf who's guidance and leadership throughout the making of this film was second to none. I know how intense the flying was for this video but you have all done Spike proud. As a new arrival at ACG I have been blown away by the camaraderie shown amongst its members. This video just goes to show how deep it runs and it makes me feel very proud to be part of this community. Rest in peace Spike.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professional manchild

Grumpy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Adjutant

Post by Grumpy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:48 pm

Beautifully done and very moving. A fitting tribute; not just to Spike, but also to the comradeship of ACG :salute:
Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds