Jammy

I-16 Documentaries

Post by Jammy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:01 pm

There's more to this stubby little fighter than meets the eye

I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Raptorattacker

Re: I-16 Documentaries

Post by Raptorattacker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 am

A great little plane, the Ishak. One of my all-time faves in Il2 Great Battles. SUCH good fun to fly and soooo agile (if a tad twitchy!!). Thanks for the vids.

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Jammy,
I just got lucky and had an up close glimpse of this aircraft at a Texas museum. I think it was a reproduction but looked pretty accurate. Still small in person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Excellent stuff Tex :nice:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 am

The I-16 is a really neat aircraft. Such a warhorse during the dark times of the Soviet Union in the beginning of the war.

Textbook

Post by Textbook » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:48 pm

It must be the exception to old RJ's rule then!

Just can't get my head around the look of the thing. I'll try it out though so as not to come across ignorant. :liar:

It hurts my eyes lol :clown:

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Toxic wrote:The I-16 is a really neat aircraft. Such a warhorse during the dark times of the Soviet Union in the beginning of the war.
More like a warmylittlepony, but whatever, I'd be proud to fly as a bronie for the motherland, kicking rainbow arse :salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Darky

Post by Darky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Nice video Jammy :nice: :nice: :nice:

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."