Major Issues with Teamspeak

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spud

Major Issues with Teamspeak

Post by Spud » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Okay, ACG peeps, it's time to help an old comrade out. I'd like to hop back into the fight during the Leaning Forward Campaign. But right now mu biggest issue is Teamspeak. Over the last few weeks, I've had issues with my PTT key randomly unbinding. Not fun. The only way I could fix it was to exit the game, exit TS, and then start them back up again. Probably happened 5 times in 10 minutes last night while trying to talk with Jaydog. Now this morning, my mouse would lock up as soon as I entered the ACG channel. I mean LOCKED UP!!! as in..... can't move the mouse..... as in.... it's dead. I had to force a shutdown of my pc just to get the mouse back. So, I completely uninstalled TS. Bookmarks, settings and all. Then I re-installed it. No dice. The damn mouse still locks up. So, I'm at a loss here. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. here are my system specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G w/ radeon vega graphics 3.60 GHz
12.0 GB Ram
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10

I know nothing about the specs above and no, I don't tinker with pc's and I will not be changing any of it. So if this config won't work, I guess my ACG days are forever done. But I hope that's not the case. Hoping to speak with someone on TS eventually.

Spud!!
Yes........ I AM what's wrong with the world today....... Deal with it!!

Bunny

Re: Major Issues with Teamspeak

Post by Bunny » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 am

Spud!! Good to see you back on the forums mate!

Unfortunately I have no advice to offer as I haven'ta clue, but hopefully one of the other more savvy chaps will be able to point you in the right direction. I just wanted to say hello :D

:salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Crane

Post by Crane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:11 pm

I've had some odd glitches too since the last TS update to 3.3.2, also losing PPT. It only happend twice, so I didn't invest any time in it.

There is a 32 and a 64 bit version of TS. Have you tried switching the version? And if that doesn't work, try an older build like 3.3.0 (google should find it)

Spud

Post by Spud » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:16 pm

I'm using the 64 bit. I'll try the 32 and see what happens.

Crane

Post by Crane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Okay, let me know if it solves it, I'll switch too.

Spud

Post by Spud » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Loaded the 32 bit and had the same issues. Unplugged my mouse and plugged it back into a different usb port and now everything works. Don't ask me why...... but I'll take the results.

Since I've been gone, all my permissions were revoked. The only squadron channel I can enter is 615's. What's up with that???

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:14 am

I can't remember when you left but we did switch TS servers at some point - which would have impacted all historic permissions. I suspect that's the cause.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:31 am

Yes that will be the issue I suspect, everyone's permissions were reset and we have had to reinstate them for each person when they come on TS, next time you are on Spud see if any TS admins are on and they should be able to sort out your permissions.

Good to see you back Spud