Hotkey keybind to HOTAS

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Mooch

Re: Hotkey keybind to HOTAS

Post by Mooch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:32 am

I was having a problem with TS last week. I frequently lose my PTT and just go to Options, Hotkeys to set it. Last week it was refusing to accept my binding and then decided on its own to bind it to a different button on the stick. I was able to fix it by going into Options, Capture and setting the button there. Maybe that will do it.

cheers,

Mooch

Frederf

Post by Frederf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Last edited by Frederf on Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:13 pm

I have failed to fix this problem and worry I have made it worse. I uninstalled Teamspeak and started over. No luck. I checked to make sure there were no buttons or switches activated on joystick and throttle quadrant. No luck. I switched to keyboard and mouse only. No luck. I switched the usb port for the joystick to another spot. No luck.
I now cannot get "permission" to join the 495 channel. Not sure what I did to cause that one.
Any one fix a similar problem?
Image Howdy Ya'll!

WickedFox
Staff

Post by WickedFox » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 pm

Did u get this fixed Tex ?
If not check to see if there is any DLL libraries left after unsinstalling TS, or in the least reboot before reinstalling it so that
Win can remove the files that is flagged,, On occation a reinstall without rebooting will not overwrite an already existing file
but just skip it.. I guess programmers are not flawless :D :D
Sounds to me as a library problem (DLL).

Cheers
Fox
WickedFox
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. (I shall either find a way or make one)
Ave ACG, morituri te salutant. (Hail, ACG, those who are about to die salute you.)

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 am

Whenever I have a problem with this it's because windows 10 has decided to reorder which USB device is #1 and #2.

WickedFox
Staff

Post by WickedFox » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:21 am

Tex wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:13 pm
I have failed to fix this problem
Any one fix a similar problem?
If it's still relevant Tex :
Yes i had that problem with my Warthog, I ended up with first assigning a "dead" function key (F22) in the warthogs virtual keyboard to a button on the stick i wanted to use for PTT then started TS and pressed that button and it all worked...
It seems TS does not want to read a joystick button from A thrustmaster setup that is programmed, it just doesent reckognice the "Combined" stick, but rather wants to look for the single entities wich now is "virtually disconnected"
Ts recomends using a dead key for PTT so.... However if assigning a keyboard press to your stick is not an option for you
I am at a loss w/o hearing more about your setup :)
WickedFox
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. (I shall either find a way or make one)
Ave ACG, morituri te salutant. (Hail, ACG, those who are about to die salute you.)

Dange

Post by Dange » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:40 am

I have a CH combat joystick and I went to the 'set up ' in teamspeak and used a ' pinky ' button on the stick and it works jusy fine .

Dange

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Seems nobody has "THE" fix for this problem. I too have CH joystick, and love the pinky button for talk, but now TS will not bind to the stick or my throttle, but only to the mouse or keyboard. Sucks, because now I have to take a hand off to reach for the talk key. Not the end of the world, but very annoying.
Seems I had this problem before and somehow fixed it, but damned if I can remember how. Also I'm not clearing all the files if I reload TS, because all my settings are the same, and I'm not sure if that would fix it anyway.

Wolfrum

Post by Wolfrum » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:29 pm

Tex wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 am
Teamspeak question. I am posting here because it seems similar to the underlying issue. This week Teamspeak refused to recognize my normal key input for Push to Talk. In the past, I'd had an issue where it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't, but this was typically cured by closing Teamspeak and re-opening it. The new problem is different.
Normally, I could program the PTT button by selecting tools, opening the appropriate spot and pressing the intended joystick key. Now, that does not work. The program does not seem to recognize the joystick button input. It did a few times but required additional inputs, i.e. mouse button, etc., to "close" the key bind. Which meant multiple things have to be pressed to talk.
I have tried making sure that no other keys are selected and sought to rebind the PTT. But nothing seems to work.
Anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?
Hello. It seems that I have the same problem, only voice activation. "Push to talk" doesn't work. When you try to assign a hotkey, it just blinks. You can break your head on this. This may be due to the fact that on my rather ancient throttle some axles are "noisy"? Thank you.
Let always the number of takeoffs equal the number of landings

Dange

Post by Dange » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:51 pm

If I remember correctly there is an " addon" for team speak . Will have a look and see if I can get a better answer .