FIX: ACG Teamspeak Playing Up!! (upgraded TS client)

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Nitrous

FIX: ACG Teamspeak Playing Up!! (upgraded TS client)

Post by Nitrous » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Guys,

For the last two days, Teamspeak is crashing on my pc when I try to connect to the ACG Teamspeak server.

It only seems to be our server, as the other 14 that I have in my Bookmarks all work fine.

Something is definitely up with it.

EDIT: Found the problem. When I deleted the port number I joined another server called RGC an Arma2 Clan Teamspeak Server.

Is this Correct??

Bonkin

Re: ACG Teamspeak Playing Up!!

Post by Bonkin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:53 am

This is exactly what was happening to me on Sunday night. Could connect to ATAG no problem. I found if I left it alone in a "(Not Responding)" state it eventually started working. Think Teepee had similar problems on Monday night so you are not alone.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:25 am

Can someone explain this to me again? Has our address somehow got muddled up with another TS server?

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:34 pm

I think this "not responding" is related to the new TS version. Since I installed it yesterday and saw it happening for the first time. Just wait a moment.

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm

I found a solution to fix the "not responding issue" that many encounter on the ACG server since the last TS 3 update!

The issue happened ever time I connected to our server or when I switched from one chat window to another -> TS hung up for about one minute

Fix:
- Close TeamSpeak
- Got to C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\chats and delete everything what's in there.
Note that you have to replace *UserName* with the user name of your pc. Also note that AppData is a hidden directory so you need to enable "show hidden directories".

That's it! :)

I think its related to some old chat history which is causing the trouble.

Bonkin

Re: FIX: ACG Teamspeak Playing Up!! (upgraded TS client)

Post by Bonkin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks Pitti. Shortly after I first connected there was some guy joined the channel and started pinging things into chat. I was going to check him out because for some reason I was just a bit suspicious - probably his name? Anyway, you kicked him out with an appropriate "F off" message before I could investigate. You don't suppose what he was putting in chat could have contributed to this do problem do you?

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Bonkin wrote:Thanks Pitti. Shortly after I first connected there was some guy joined the channel and started pinging things into chat. I was going to check him out because for some reason I was just a bit suspicious - probably his name? Anyway, you kicked him out with an appropriate "F off" message before I could investigate. You don't suppose what he was putting in chat could have contributed to this do problem do you?
Good question. I already tought about the same thing. I think it could be related to this fucker. He posted some stuff in the chat which couldn't be displayed and since this was then in the chat history of everyone who was at the server during this time, it could have caused the freezes when parsing in the history on TS start or when switching between the chat tabs.

Yes, I banned him with a "fuck off" message. :lol:

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Pitti wrote:
Yes, I banned him with a "fuck off" message. :lol:
Firm, but fair. :lol:
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift