New gaming headset required

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Meaker

New gaming headset required

Post by Meaker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 am

Apologies to those trying to communicate with me on Sunday afternoon when I came on TeamSpeak :oops: ,although I could hear you chaps,it was very apparent that my microphone on my headset has decided to go tits up.I thought it was on it's way out on some of the last Bomber mission's I flew with my bomber boys,but Sunday's fiasco was the last straw for me.

On the Team speak mic test it wass registering a red signal across the graph,but I know this should be registering a green signal across it,so I have called time on my old set,it's time to invest in kit again.

Does anybody have any wise thoughts as to what set I should be buying ?,steer me along the path to righteousness chaps.My last set had 5.1 surround sound performance,but I'm thinking that the 7.1 surround sound may be a better choice now,looking to the future as you do.

Any help or advice would be richly appreciated,...good show,what :salute:

Archangel

Re: New gaming headset required

Post by Archangel » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 am

Not a lot of point buying a 7.1 head set if your sound kit in the PC delivers 5.1. I guess the decision depends on when you expect to upgrade the motherboard and/or plugin sound system.
"Never argue with an idiot - they only drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience" (Unknown)

Baron le Scrope

Post by Baron le Scrope » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Meak's, i have a Corsair 2100 7/1, 5/1 etc wireless headset, can't fault it for simming, quite a few of ACG members i believe have this same model, would not hesitate to buy this again, if i had four ears that is. Buy, Buy, Buy, to qoute Del Boy.B.
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks Arch,Baron good advice,this is very much appreciated boys.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:21 pm

I recently bought a HyperX cloud headset. No 5.1 or 7.1, but the build quality is very good and I only paid about £50 for it new.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:40 pm

I use a Roccat Kave (5.1) and whilst the sound is fantastic, to my ears, the head strap padding is woefully inadequate after an hour or more of use. I wouldn't get another of that model, but I'm impressed with the Roccat build quality in general - it'll long outlive the TrackIr stuck to it!

Having said all that, it looks like the new model has proper padding, on their website.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks for all the guidance chaps it is all very much appreciated :salute:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:38 am

Advice is, either spend a lot on a quality wireless set that will last forever, or buy a series of £10ish jobs from Tesco and dispose when they fuck up (which will largely depend on how you treat them). I'm in the latter category, my last set are great, and were cheap as chips. When you do the latter part, get yourself a backup set ready to bring into action for the day that the cheapos die.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:02 pm

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of wireless, it's one more thing to get interference through as far as I'm concerned. Besides, the bloody TrackIR's cables already prevent me from walking to the fridge looking like a wally as is, another cable won't hurt :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Midge

Post by Midge » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Hey Meaks glad your back mate :lux: ...I've got the same HyperX as Donkey---got to say for the money... i'm impressed.