Push to talk / Voice activation

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Frederf

Re: Push to talk / Voice activation

Post by Frederf » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Anyone with sound notifications on deserves their own punishment.

I don't have a strong fanaticism for PTT like I used to. I used to hate voice activation mostly due to complete airheads with no awareness but if you have responsible people and not too many in a channel it's OK. I also don't mind that ACG TS is PTT only (although it's annoying that I have to change settings every time I join, but that's TS being dumb software and not smoothly switching based on permissions) and it's probably better to encourage less impulsive speaking in the air and also how many people share a channel.

It would be nice to have a "flying section" of TS and a non-flying section. I don't know if people have their whispers set up incorrectly but I'm hearing whisper comms from people that shouldn't be happening. If I leave the mission and want to chat with others "on the ground" out of game I shouldn't be hounded by command calls (often saying things which are not broadcast worthy at all) everywhere I go.

Thaine

Re: Push to talk / Voice activation

Post by Thaine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Can we have a general aviation shared cockpit channel free for voice activation. Pariah and I am planning to do some shared cockpit flights with the Dash. In that case PTT is a pain because you both hands full with other stuff to do. And irrc the intercom in cockpits is not PTT normally.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel