FMB Tutorial Videos

Discussion regarding mapping and missions in here - we are talking FMB chaps. Perhaps you are building a mission for the server or for campaign? Talk to the experts - we always need people willing to muck in so don't be shy!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spirit

Re: FMB Tutorial Videos

Post by Spirit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 am

Yes I gave a fighter waypoints with a zigzagging direction up the coast of Dover with "normal flight" for all waypoints. When the fighter didn't turn barely at all, I increased his skill levels to max but same problem. I then stretched out the waypoints so it wasn't so harsh but still same problem.

With the Normal flight option, what do te other options mean?
Catch me if you can...

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 am

It won't do that. AI will just switch mode once the EA is sighted, and in COD it often means that an entire squadron will ruthlessly attack the first machine they see until the death, ignoring all of the others. It sucks.

If you want to practice deflection then you need a volunteer target drone and set up a lobby server with invincibility on and unlimited ammo on. Have the target drone do what you need him to do and report hits on TS back to you. He will get the bangs and tracer but no damage. Set up airstarts too in order to save fucking about taking off and meeting up.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 am

One of the preset quick missions that came with CloD was great for practicing deflection shots - it was over the water, fighter against fighter. You start in a Hurricane against 109s but I think you can change which fighters were which. Those missions were great for a lot of basic skills - one of them was also great for formation flying practice too.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:37 am

alright thanks guys
Catch me if you can...

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lachs » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:25 am

Any particular order these should be viewed in?