COD Re-arming help.

Discussion regarding mapping and missions in here - we are talking FMB chaps. Perhaps you are building a mission for the server or for campaign? Talk to the experts - we always need people willing to muck in so don't be shy!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Harmer

COD Re-arming help.

Post by Harmer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:07 am

I need help with multiplayer / server re-arming if possible.

For the life in me, I can't find anywhere how a player aircraft can land and re-arm during a mission without resorting to re-spawning. Is this a scripting thing?
Can anybody help please?

Dave

Re: COD Re-arming help.

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:13 am

Yes, it requires a script server/mission-side.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi Harmer, yes it needs a script to do this function, we don't use it in our campaign so I'm not sure if it is something we have - I will ask the boffins and see if they have something for it

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Afaik we don't have it. I believe it's a Colander ATAG "exclusive". It really shouldn't be that hard to knock together though.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Yeah it's something that they haven't shared, but we've never been interested in anyway because it's just unrealstic unless you want to wait 25mins for a Spitfire and 9 mins for Hurricane

Harmer

Post by Harmer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:29 am

Thanks guys. It's no biggie atm, since we just hop 'planes and are casual players currently.

I'm more like looking to the future or a campaign situation. I presume that when your pilots get 'killed' on a campaign Ops night that they are out for the rest of the evening and they start with a new pilot the following week, is that correct?

(BTW - I have seen the ATAG re-arm vid on youtube).

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 am

Yes that's it, it is a good motivator to keep your pilot character alive and fly with more immersion.

Our campaign mission builds are fairly straight forward, we rely on the time delay spawn a lot and use a program to despawn AI when they reach their last waypoint which stops them hanging around when they are done with.

@ ACG boffins - is the despawning program we use a community tool or something that we have made?

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:39 am

Assuming you are talking about Spawnstar then it's something I made. And it's heavily woven in with other tools, namely our radar, blacklist and GCV data harvester... Plus, it also requires server scripts. I don't think it will be released to the community any time soon as, frankly, I'm not prepared to support it outside of ACG.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:38 pm

I don't think its the same as your Spawnstar D but I could be wrong, when we build the missions we use a script which despawns the AI when they reach their final waypoint - I believe that it has been used in campaign for sometime.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Boyezee wrote:I believe that it has been used in campaign for sometime.
In which case it ain't mine. :)