Who was that Ground Controller?

Discussion regarding mapping and missions in here - we are talking FMB chaps. Perhaps you are building a mission for the server or for campaign? Talk to the experts - we always need people willing to muck in so don't be shy!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Broadsword

Re: Who was that Ground Controller?

Post by Broadsword » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:02 pm

We had a fighter controller last night? Where was I? Must have had my radio tuned to the wrong channel, all I could hear was Thaine running us through his shopping list and asking if anyone wanted take-out whilst we were getting shafted by 109s :lol:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Bully

Post by Bully » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Only for the last wave. Spitfires on home defence patrols. No good without someone to guide them around ;)
Bonkin wrote:Was it a Mr. Chulmleigh Warner plug in?
:)

Something called Clownfish. Adjusts pitch etc. Originally tried to get to sound like a WAAAF plotter. But due to the dull & monotonous nature of my voice it didn't turn out like that.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Note that the web based plots system can be used in the campaign by squadron leaders in the event of us not having a ground controller available (I.e. if I want to fly, as the only full-time controller on the books, something that needs to change.)

ACG admin have the ability to spin up RAF and LW plot pages at random URLs which can then be communicated to commanders. The standard URL will only show in-game time and a few other stats (number of players etc..) which should be of use when a campaign mission is active - but the random URLs ones will show plots.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Bully wrote:Originally tried to get to sound like a WAAAF plotter. But due to the dull & monotonous nature of my voice it didn't turn out like that.
Oh I dunno - worked for me :lol:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Someone did mention something about someone's wife being hired so I guess you succeeded in some respects :mrgreen:

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.