TFS schedule and the aircraft yet to be seen in updates

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Mysticpuma

TFS schedule and the aircraft yet to be seen in updates

Post by Mysticpuma » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Regarding Buzzsaw's latest post showcasing "Alpha Map, Alpha Aircraft, Alpha Cockpit, Alpha everything" it really does make me wonder if there is any chance of a pre-Christmas release and if it doesn't make that time-frame it looks like it wont be out until after Bodenplatte is released because Jason wont want the two products to clash? With that in mind I thought I'd start a thread with a list of features for v5.00 Tobruk that are on the list and mark which ones have been see in updates.

Here is the list of flyable aircraft for TF 5.0... please note these are goals... not guarantees.

----

German

Bf108 Taifun Advanced Trainer - early modelling of cockpit and FM test with false cockpit

Bf109E-7 (DB601Aa) - No
Bf109E-7N (DB601N) - No
Bf109E-7NZ (DB601N with GM-1 Nitrous Oxide injection) - No
(and Tropical versions) - No

Me109F-1 with MG/FFM (DB601N) - No
Me109F-2 with MG151/15mm (DB601N) - No
Me109F-2 with MG151/20mm (DB601N) - No
Me109F-2 with MG151/20mm Tropical (DB601N) - No
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.30ata) - No
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.30ata) Tropical - No
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.42ata) - Shown as Alpha in latest update August 26th (as I understand it)
Me109F-4 (DB601E 1.42ata) Tropical - No
Me109F-4/R1 Flugelgondelbewaffnung mit MG 151/20 (DB601E 1.42ata, underwing 20mm gunpods) - No
Me109F-4/R1 Flugelgondelbewaffnung mit MG 151/20 Tropical (DB601E 1.42ata, underwing 20mm gunpods) -No
(no we will not have the version with 15mm gunpods... only used on Russian Front)

Ju-88A-4 - No
Ju-88A-5 - No

Ju-88C-2 (possibly) - No

Heinkel He-111H-6 Torpedo bomber (possibly) - No

Italian

Fiat CR-42 - Yes but only with a false cockpit
Fiat CR-42 Fighter-Bomber - No

Macchi C-202 Series III (hopefully) - Yes but only as an early 3D render of the base model
Macchi C-202 Series VIII (hopefully) - No

French

Dewoitine D.520 (Hispano 12Y45 engine)- Yes but only as an early 3D render of the base model
Dewoitine D.520 (Hispano 12Y49 high altitude) - Yes but only as an early 3D render of the base model

British

Gladiator II (with Tropical filter)- No

Spitfire IIB (IIA with two 20mm cannon, four .303) - No unless the silhouette image shown here is a IIA with cannons?: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/38 ... ent=662275

Spitfire VA (eight .303 +12 boost) - No
Spitfire VB (+12 boost) - No
Spitfire VB (+16 boost) - No
Spitfire VB (Merlin 46 High Altitude) - No
Spitfire VB Tropical (+16 boost) - No
Spitfire VB Tropical (Merlin 46 High Altitude) - No

Hurricane IIA (eight .303)- Screenshot of an early render
Hurricane IIB (twelve .303) - No
Hurricane IIB Fighter-Bomber - No
Hurricane IIC (four 20mm) - No
Hurricane IIC Light Fighter (two 2Omm) - No
Hurricane IID Tankbuster (possibly)- No
(plus Tropical versions of all) - No

Beaufighter Mk IF - Late (with Hercules XI) - No
Beaufighter Mk IC (with Hercules XI, bombs) - No
(and versions with Tropical filters) - No

Wellington IA - Cockpit renders of WiP, nothing in-game
Wellington IC (with waist gun positions) - Renders of WiP, nothing in-game
(and versions with Tropical filters)- No

Blenheim IV/IF with Tropical filters - No

American

P-40C (Tomahawk IIB)- Early model renders nothing since
P-40E (Kittyhawk IA) - Early model renders nothing since
(Will be early and late versions of both these aircraft... different boost levels.)

Martlet IIIB - Early model renders nothing since

-------

Tobruk Map - Early renders of old version of the map, also shown in-game, this has since been redone after TF managed to get the 1C map tool working, nothing since except a very dark silhouetted version at dusk in the August 26th update.

BoB Map - No news showing bug fixes apart from a few additions to the bug tracker

-------

Effects - Audio: 109 F4 audio of engine and maybe a few MG and cannon sounds, also MG of Wellingtons. Nothing else.

Effects - Visual: Many have been rewritten since Blitz release , so far no showcasing of them

-------

FM/DM - No news on new features or fixes

-------

Ai - No news since "working on it"

-------

All of the above needs Alpha stages, Beta stages, RC stages and Release, so if it is to make a pre-Christmas release all of the above needs to come together at-least by the beginning of November for any beta testing and fixes and that is two months away.

I appreciate Buzzsaw saying "we are on schedule" but for what is the question. It would be good to get an actual open reply from TFS at-least covering any of the above as to when it may be ready for in-game testing but currently the bug tracker has 1092 open issues and no-doubt the above will raise many more for closed beta testers. I just can't see a schedule that would have a pre-Christmas release happening?

MP

Von Archie

Re: TFS schedule and the aircraft yet to be seen in updates

Post by Von Archie » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Really looking forward to Christmas, 2020.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

SOW Reddog

Post by SOW Reddog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.
The Pope is Catholic.
Everyone Dies.
Team Fusion are on schedule.

Everyone knows these are the fundamental truths that govern everyday life.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:53 pm

TF should be concentrating on an extra aircraft pack for Cliffs first and foremost. Get that signed off by 1C and release it, generating some much needed funds and buys them time to get Tobruk right...

Without question, not enough management focus there right now with clear defined priority.

There is a path there that is sensible and there is a path trodden by Unicorns... especially when matched with client expectation.

I am sure Bonks is pointing out these points and more.... but should always be remembered that when it comes to stubborn leadership with pig headed ideas.....'You can lead a horse to water, but if it refuses to drink... turn the damn fire hose on it!'

Something many of us need reminding off from time to time!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Personally I hope it doesnt get released until I am out of the sandbox in February at the earliest. I'd also rather wait for it to be finished and "right" than a hurried release full of bugs. Perhaps a few new aircraft in a DLC for Blitz would be good enough to hold guys over until 5.0 is complete.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:47 am

I agree an aircraft pack should be release, extra money and keep people happy until 5.0 is ready to be release

Why 1C and TF don't see this as an extra money making idea

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:32 pm

I'm starting to prepare for the next monthly update so I will try to provide some more detail regarding the OP listing as part of that.

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 am

I hope the team share the details with you of their work in progress on the list, there is a lot of undisclosed content currently outstanding. Good luck and it'll be interesting to see what you can show us.

Cheers, MP

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Better focus on things your game can do better then others, and anounce that youll have flying B-17, no other game will have that and would be able to offer it in somewhat realisti enviroment ( more then 5-6 in air at one time ). By this time what you offer in 5 and what is said you will offer in 6 is nothing new and 190s 109fs spit9 we already have in other game that was faster then you guys, the way i see it B-17 or Masquito should be priority for future if you plan to jump out from games that overtake you because of all this well do it all or nothing crap that last to long.

2020 here we come lol

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:30 am

With all respect,lol.......I don't think it has ever been Team Fusion Solution's priority to,as you put it ' plan to jump out from games that overtake '.

Christ,five years on from the announcement that they were going to make a flyable Wellington materialise,we're still waiting,with no real idea when it,or the life enhancing TF5 update will ever come to fruition.What they do appear to be masters of is 'Grandstanding',sorry to appear negative,but they haven't given me any reason over the years to think otherwise.

Whatever the outcome,no one wil point the finger at you Bonks,I think you are doing the best you can within a very difficult and nauseating group of developers,and I for one take my hat off to you,to step up and take a sip from this poisoned chalice.

Re having a flyable B-17 or Mosquito,I think we can all agree,this is just stuff of pipe dreams,I'd love to be proved wrong,but alas,I think my view is on the button.

Good luck Bonks,I will always be interested in your monthly updates :salute: