TFS Server Test 17th Nov @ 1800GMT

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bonkin

Re: TFS Server Test 17th Nov @ 1800GMT

Post by Bonkin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 pm

I queried it in the TFS forums and this is the response from one of the coders:
The test was to check about rubber-banding, lags, and stutters. We're happy to have found out that no-one experienced those even with 117 players in the vicinity of the Isle of Wight on the New Dawn Fades mission, which put's the heaviest burden on the server itself. And all that on the weaker of the two ATAG servers.

The downside is that the server regularly crashed after about 10 to 15 minutes into the mission, no matter if there were 117, 100 or 90 players. Good side of that is again that it was reliably reproducible and also with different missions. We will investigate what the causes were and fix it.
I'll report more when they find out what the causes of the crashes were.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:35 pm

All cool but can you please release 5.0 already so that we don't have to play that shit-ass BoX game anymore? Thank you.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Bonkin wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 pm
I queried it in the TFS forums and this is the response from one of the coders:
The test was to check about rubber-banding, lags, and stutters. We're happy to have found out that no-one experienced those even with 117 players in the vicinity of the Isle of Wight on the New Dawn Fades mission, which put's the heaviest burden on the server itself. And all that on the weaker of the two ATAG servers.

The downside is that the server regularly crashed after about 10 to 15 minutes into the mission, no matter if there were 117, 100 or 90 players. Good side of that is again that it was reliably reproducible and also with different missions. We will investigate what the causes were and fix it.
I'll report more when they find out what the causes of the crashes were.
Cheers Bonks.... maybe worth noting, both Mezza, Rudi and I noticed stuttering just before the server went.. i.e. head tracker went into eight point turn mode instead of smooth pan.

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea