installing retail CLOD for first time....

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

jack72

installing retail CLOD for first time....

Post by jack72 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Going to install a retail copy (bought many years ago and never installed) of the game and need to update it to the current version of Team Fusion files.

I went to the ATAG website and went to the Team Fusion Mod section (as instructed by an online video), but I get a message that this site cannot be reached. Is the somewhere else I should go? Although I didn't register there, do I need to? Is there a better installation process that I should use to update CLOD to the current levels.
Most of my friends are imaginary

If time is money...then sell your watch.

I hear many voices in my head...and some of them have damn good ideas.

Kildren

Re: installing retail CLOD for first time....

Post by Kildren » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:46 pm

That is the old version of cliffs no longer supported

Oh boy this is a tricky one

1: I dont know if the retail copies were sold as steam ones someone will have to give that answer but if you put the CD key into steam it should appear on your account (if it is a steam game)

2: If it did not appear on your account then you have a problem

3: the original game you have was upgraded though steam to IL2 cliffs of Dover Blitz(this was if you had IL2 Cliffs of Dover in your steam account which is why this is a tricky one) and all sales of the old one stopped so after putting your game key into steam if it worked you should have IL2 cliffs of Dover but under it should be IL2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz(if not you might have to contact 1C support to get a key or if really unlucky but i doubt buy it again if Il2 Cliffs Of Dover Blitz is in your steam library go and download that and once it has finished your are good to play)

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:48 pm

jack72 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:36 pm
Going to install a retail copy (bought many years ago and never installed) of the game and need to update it to the current version of Team Fusion files.

I went to the ATAG website and went to the Team Fusion Mod section (as instructed by an online video), but I get a message that this site cannot be reached. Is the somewhere else I should go? Although I didn't register there, do I need to? Is there a better installation process that I should use to update CLOD to the current levels.
Hi Jack
It would be a lot easier just to buy the updated version on steam for $10 and save yourself a lot of pain trying to get that old version working.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

jack72

Post by jack72 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 pm

OK,, I will buy it from Steam,,,but don't I still have to go to get the updated Team Fusion updates for the current upgrades, patches and mods?

Cule

Post by Cule » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:25 pm

TF updates are already incorporated inside steam as they signed a contract with 1C, publishers.

jack72

Post by jack72 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:59 pm

So nothing to download afterwards?..No mods...
Just one more question,,,
I noticed that there are two options on steam
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
or
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition
What is the difference...Is one better than the other? Which one do I want for single and multiplayer action.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Blitz is the only version that is currently supported. The non-Blitz version is old, out of date and no longer for sale. Get Blitz.