Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Re: Team Fusion Simulations 5.0 Hawker Hurricane IIc/Trop

Post by Jaydog » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Sorry Meaks, I can discuss anything with anyone but SADLY you're a broken record when it comes to Team Fusion. Years of it.....You might not like TF and that's fine but you are basically bashing everyone that is trying to improve a product and game for the Community....and not everyone working on their spare time is from one virtual organization or ATAG. It's a mix of people, to include ACG members. The only person getting personal is you by calling TF a farce with your VERY WIDE brush of hate.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Meaker wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:00 pm
Jaydog……just because you have’nt got the basic intelligence to discuss topics without getting personal,you don’t have to retaliate like a big girl.
It says you're 54 then why are you acting like a little bitch?

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Of course,calling me a little bitch speaks volumes of your maturity mate!…..can’t you tossers debate without getting all girly ? :wank:

Woop

Post by Woop » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Meaker wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:03 pm
debate
Teach us pls :?

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm

@ Woop,Yeah sure……for one,I don’t need to get all personal and call people names,that’s just sums up how mature you are in an instant,IMO……if you can challenge me,but challenge me with an argument that can throw weight to why you think what I have stated is wrong,I’m all ears.

But so far I’ve been pretty disappointed with the actual content of the challenge to my posts,other than to slag me off,believe me,I was a Fireman for 25 years,so telling me I’m a little bitch won’t have the desired effect your after sadly.

The situation with TF5 is so tedious,andyes,I’msorry for labouring the point….but for fuck’s sake,this is getting ridicoulous ain’t it ?.......these guys are just keep stringing us along,year after year,and this is the root of my beef,I cannot take them seriously anymore.

Cue the insults.....bring it on.

Woop

Post by Woop » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:05 pm

Meaker wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm
actual content
There was no actual content in your post mate, so only logical there was no actual content in the replies to it. Get off your high horse.

Cule

Post by Cule » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Meaker wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm
for fuck’s sake,this is getting ridicoulous ain’t it ?.......these guys are just keep stringing us along,year after year,and this is the root of my beef,I cannot take them seriously anymore.

Cue the insults.....bring it on.
I can see that whilst you may be an experienced and proficient fireman, you may not have the same degree of insight about the videogame industry.

Especially about a team of volunteers who must coordinate a huge chunk of work in their free time from remote workplaces, who received millions of lines of delicate source code recently which takes years to de-crypt without support from the original game developers, who in part (also) took many years to make the original Cliffs with a larger full-time team with a professional background. If we recall properly, they were forced to release early, and the community was disappointed. I am sure we do not want the release to be rushed again.

DaHeld

Post by DaHeld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:07 am

+1

The only one posting here without any real argument is Meaker.

Meaker, you've been dismissed for almost 3 1/2 years now. So you don't find time or don't want to fly with us anymore but yet you still post in here? Why is that?

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 pm

I don't think Meaker is entirely unjustified in how he feels. It may just be that there's never been a really good way to put the feeling into words because of how complicated the whole thing has been since it began.

I will say that based on my recent interactions with TF regarding the recent mod version 4.56, I don't have much hope that something as wide ranging as a whole new theatre, several new aircraft, etc. etc., will be released soon in any sort of working state. Items were listed as fixed in 4.56 that were, with the bare minimum amount of testing, clearly not fixed. The release notes, as of this posting, still list the item as fixed even after direct communication with TF members confirming it's not fixed and words communicated to maybe update the release notes to indicate so. Sometimes it's the little things that indicate a general level of commitment/capability/transparency.

I think there will eventually be a 5.0 release. It honestly doesn't matter when it arrives, at this point. You can't eat anticipation. When it arrives it should be evaluated on its own merit. Hopefully it's great and gives people joy. But at this point, I very much treat it like a Kickstarter campaign I funded a long time ago: I mostly ignore the updates because they don't really mean much until something actually arrives in my hands and I can try it myself. There are plenty of options to look at pretty screenshots of 3d computer model planes and the fidelity of all of them get as close to photo realistic to make one Spitfire pretty much like the other one.

WIP updates like screenshots etc., are great to promote if you're a real software dev because there's an expectation of quality and completion. You have to be a pretty top tier software dev to get away with release dates of 'when it's done' for a reason. iD software, Rockstar, etc. OR you release it when it's still bugged now and let players decide to stick with you or not (Steam releases in alpha, beta, etc.).

So maybe that's why TF updates rub some people the wrong way? It's update fatigue for those of us who've been here since the beginning and know the history. Not meaning to stir up trouble here, but really just to help identify maybe where someone like Meaker is coming from because he's not the only one.

All that said, if people are about who really love the updates that come out, great. All power to you and enjoy. They're being posted, so feel free to enjoy them. Just saying that frustration about the process is a valid response too.

And, just my opinion, if people are going to be asked to pay for 5.0, then they're not volunteers. It's a part time job and they're accountable to customers. They're the developers that took over from 1C and as such can be big boys and girls about the same sorts of complaints and criticism that get thrown at other developers.
Virtual No.401 Squadron - XO

Cule

Post by Cule » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:05 pm

Wolverine wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 pm
And, just my opinion, if people are going to be asked to pay for 5.0, then they're not volunteers. It's a part time job and they're accountable to customers. They're the developers that took over from 1C and as such can be big boys and girls about the same sorts of complaints and criticism that get thrown at other developers.
Well, just my opinion: They will stop being volunteers when they dont work for free, ergo when 5.0 comes out. Until then they are making 1C a load of money with Blitz as a sign of good will for the benefit of everyone else with almost no compensation...

Please note. The previous developers were NOT 1C. That was Maddox games. Maddox helped TF to acquire the source code. 1C never developed IL2 and in fact they stopped making games (closed their inhouse studio) after they backstabbed and closed the funding of 'Nuclear Union' circa 2012-13. 1C are only publishers. And not a good one in my opinion. The early release of CloD speaks volumes about the publisher already. 1C funded 1CGS to make BoX and supervise any IL-2 continuum but is not part of 1C

So, anyone who is in the process of creating a future commercial product with other jobs in the meantime to pay the bills should be treated with the same conditions and be subjected to the same criticism as those triple A developers or publishers because they have been introduced to the industry in a franchise? Seriously?

I genuinely think there is a huge lack of information and empathy surrounding teams like TF taking on huge projects, for which they are not even being the most benefited party. I realise there's many people disappointed about the wait, and I share the impatience myself. But this only leads to projects being announced 6 months before the release to avoid the wait backlash and if you ask me that's not better for the community of a niche target market group.
Last edited by Cule on Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.