TFS 5.0 Leander and Leipzig class cruisers - First look WIP images

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

ATAG Pattle

TFS 5.0 Leander and Leipzig class cruisers - First look WIP images

Post by ATAG Pattle » Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Our upcoming desert war expansion will feature a number of new ship classes, including capital ships!

Here are the WIP images of the Leander and Leipzig class light cruisers.

The level of detail going into these ships is incredible, not just visually. They will feature a huge array of firepower of varying sizes and types, multiple damage areas and damage modelling, armour plating of various thickness. All designed to be as realistic, and difficult to attack and sink, as they were in reality.

Players will also be able to set up sea battles, along with naval gun support of land based operations/missions.

For those looking forward to attacking the these ships flying solo, and getting in close, will most likely result in your virtual death or taking a swim in the warm med waters. Their collective firepower is intense, terrifying and awesome to watch.

Study real life tactics and employ them, if you want to get home.

In the near future we will showcase these new ships in action. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the screenshots of our Leander and Leipzig class Cruisers.

Images by Larry.

https://ibb.co/album/XxPfY9

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our social media channels, so you don't miss our updates!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Re: TFS 5.0 Leander and Leipzig class cruisers - First look WIP images

Post by Maltloaf » Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 pm

c'est magnifique mais c'est pas la guerre. That is to say, beautiful but WTF?
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm

Naval power and actions were a big part of the desert/med theatre. Not sure what you mean?

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Wed May 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Really nice! Will the old ships get an overhaul, too?
I have a track with skip bombing and my bomb flying through a ship instead of blowing the bridge up.

I'm glad you guys choose to walk the extra mile :)

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Wait till you see the capital ships Konaber! :)

Maltloaf

Post by Maltloaf » Wed May 20, 2020 4:31 pm

ATAG Pattle wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm
Naval power and actions were a big part of the desert/med theatre. Not sure what you mean?
Not with Leipzig class light cruisers! Or any German capitol ships. I am sure Vanguard can give us chapter and verse. I do not agree they have gone an extra mile unless you include wandering off into the bush and coming back. Most of the heavy Naval vs Air actions were based on the Malta run rather than anywhere in the Tobruk area and whilst we have been waiting an eon for a couple of aircraft to extend the 1941 Channel war TF have been diverting efforts producing battleships that will be almost impossible to include in any sort of historical action involving the plane set we have or will have. Even if we do a Channel Dash mission it will need Swordfish etc. If this was any sort of commercial enterprise the effort diverted into building HMS Rodney/Nelson or what ever is being done would have been about ten layers down below the release of sellable and commercially viable asset. I am sure you have someone who loves building ships and he won’t do anything else so you might as well use him but no one is going to buy TF5 because it has a German cruiser in it that never saw action and spent the war in dock or sculling around the Baltic. Actually, Leipzig could be used in BoX but I guess that is no benefit to TF.

Sorry mate, I don’t want to be negative but I really I’m not going to get excited about this. This is lovely but of little or no use and not historical within the plane set or maps you are proposing.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Totally agree Malt.....but,we're not going to buy TF5 anyway are we ?German cruiser or no German cruiser,because it's allegedly free,apparently,as after all,that's what has been force fed us after God knows how many years of this tedious brainwashing we've had to endure........I recall......and I quote......we're doing this for free......we do this in our spare time.......the people who work for Team Fusion Solutions work for free.

But the fact is,of course they're going to charge you......no one works for free,lol.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Thu May 21, 2020 2:19 pm

I wonder if the ships are the pre-work to get ready for another theater, like Malta.... we know the Royal Navy was involved in choking off the Axis shipping supply line to Africa, so I can see where ships are relevant.

I look forward to this sim...I hope they make it caple of being in VR. It would certainly get more play time for sure from me that way vs TrackIr

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Maltloaf

Post by Maltloaf » Thu May 21, 2020 7:14 pm

Ships yes, Leipzig class light cruisers, no