DESERT WINGS - TOBRUK 35% off Sale starts Dec. 22nd

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

ATAG Pattle

DESERT WINGS - TOBRUK 35% off Sale starts Dec. 22nd

Post by ATAG Pattle » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi All,

TOBRUK will be going on sale at 35% off listed price from December 22nd to January 5th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049 ... s__Tobruk/

Price in US Dollars will be $45.49, price in Canadian dollars $51.99 and in Australian dollars, $58.49. See STEAM for pricing in Euros in your country.

BLITZ will go on sale at 75% off, and additionally if you buy a bundle of both TOBRUK and BLITZ, you get an additional 10% discount... so you get both games for a few dollars more than the discounted price of TOBRUK.

Please head to STEAM if you don't have the game and let your friends know. 😉

Those who purchase the game as well as existing owners will receive the free Truesky and other graphics updates in approx. 2-3 months.

Cheers,

TFS Team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Konaber

Re: DESERT WINGS - TOBRUK 35% off Sale starts Dec. 22nd

Post by Konaber » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:17 am

ATAG Pattle wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:07 pm
Those who purchase the game as well as existing owners will receive the free Truesky and other graphics updates in approx. 2-3 months.
That sounds awesome, I whish you guys the best to not stumble across some stupid bug that takes ages to find and bust the timeline. :B:

ATAG Pattle

Post by ATAG Pattle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:57 am

I know, who'd be a coder!! Not I. I enjoy the semblance of sanity I currently have ;)

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Pattle, can I ask where the estimate for 2-3 months comes from for TrueSky?

Buzzsaw has posted saying all of the TrueSky work had to be scrapped after TrueSky updated their software version 4.3.

From Buzzsaw:

August 15th 2020:

"Addition of the TrueSKY weather engine, with new cloud system, as well as weather effects, and water effects.

We had a working beta of this new weather system tested in December 2019, but it needs improvement and the addition of additional features and was not ready for release.

The expectation is we should have this new weather system in place in Fall/early Winter of 2020"

December 11th 2020:

Mysticpuma:

"Over a year since a single image of TruSky was shared. Any news?"

Buzzsaw:

"We are currently in an Alpha... when we have material we can share Pattle will post it in an update."

December 19th 2020

Buzzsaw

"As to why it has taken longer than we hoped to bring the program into CoD, TrueSky has recently changed and updated their background software and introduced a new 4.3 version and therefore TF had to discard our earlier work and start again on implementing the new version into CoD"

I have read the TrueSky developer forum and it indicates that 4.3 was released at the end of November.

Currently then with 2-3 months before release of CloD with Truesky (started from scratch) there are no screenshots or video of it in game other than over a year ago with one single alpha image. All the work has started from scratch and is expected in 2-3 months?

Just asking for some genuine timeline because this doesn't seem at all realistic?