Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Tobruk server - Training and testing

Post by Dickie » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:45 pm

Ginger wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:57 pm
1: Some Ginger twat left a parked lorry in the middle of the airfield at Gasr EL Abid! :oops:
Fixed
Woop wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm
Disable spawning multiple planes at once using the Create button.
Will be a server side setting, like external views off
Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 pm
Can we make the runway a bit more clear at Buq Buq please
All runways now marked out

ArcEye wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:25 pm
One of the 109 spawns At Gazala was on really rough ground on the West side of the aerodrome.
Having looked at this, the custom spawns are fine. What happens is if the spawns are taken, say for example by aircraft not despawning them, then the game will just spawn you in on the field somewhere else. so that could've happened. Where you in line with the runway, facing it? To test this your whole crew are going to be needed for spawn point testing, this weekend.
LepraLeprovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:50 pm
Not sure if issue, but while taxiing at Buq Buq, I almost crashed into a towed radar hut (red white checkers). Since we have no radar, dunno if its supposed to be there or not.
Reviewed. I don't know where you thought you were but there are none of those at Buq Buq :D

Woop wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Please make the boards at the airfields runways un-collidable and make them stand a little further apart at Tobruk field.

As for these tests, it would be a better idea to create a little separate map to run during tests and training so that Tobruk field is a bit less congested. We have hardly had any time to fly as a squadron, as the area is constantly full of enemy and friendly etc. (at least make it so that squadrons stationed at Tobruk, can also spawn elsewhere with the same aircraft so that they can train).
Reviewed these. They are 120m apart and you have 80m between the sets! Do you struggle with parallel parking? :lol:

I could add another spawn but this isn't really meant to be public, other crews should just piss off elsewhere, if not go and shout at them. From this Thursday it'll be a general order that strafing aircraft is banned.
Woop wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 pm
An easier way would just be to add the aircraft available to fly from the field at Tobruk at another airfield too, so we can take off and train as a squadron without getting bounced before we even take off.
I don't want to spoil the map with other spawns since this is a mission file and base test.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: Tobruk server thread

Post by Ginger » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:57 pm

1: Some Ginger twat left a parked lorry in the middle of the airfield at Gasr EL Abid! :oops:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Post by ArcEye » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm

Leave him out in the desert sun for a week, the sunburn should teach him

Woop

Post by Woop » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm

Disable spawning multiple planes at once using the Create button.

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 pm

Can we make the runway a bit more clear at Buq Buq please

There was a bit of rubber banding but dickie knows about this

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 pm

Overall I thought things felt really good! Been a while since I was properly on a CloD server, and it actually felt pretty excellent to me. I honestly had no server issues despite having more ping than most, so that seems promising.

Also, agree with Matt that things at Buq Buq seems a bit confusing especially from the ground.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Overall decent performance but FPS dropped heavily over Gambit

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 pm

Well this is more about objects and behaviour rather than performance as this is a map test, it's not the main server

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Post by ArcEye » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:25 pm

One of the 109 spawns At Gazala was on really rough ground on the West side of the aerodrome.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:26 am

Didnt have too many technical issues. Had some rubberbanding at times near Tobruk while dogfighting Hurricanes, but mostly smooth fps for me.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal