Regiter for next Tobruk campaign

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

EZTarGet

Regiter for next Tobruk campaign

Post by EZTarGet » Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi guys,

Do we have to register somewhere to participate in the next Tobruk campaign scheduled for mid-May?

Thank you.

See you soon. :hi:

Spectre

Re: Regiter for next Tobruk campaign

Post by Spectre » Tue May 04, 2021 1:24 am

Hey EZ, to participate in our campaigns you need to join ACG so to speak. Your first step would be to post under the "Looking to Join" part of our forum and introduce yourself and let us know your preference (RAF vs LW/Italians) and someone will reach out to you with some dates to show up. You're not obligated to stick around if this isn't your fancy, and you won't be conscripted right away, so feel free to show up to one or two of our campaign nights and if it tickles your fancy become a member.

I also recommend reading here to see how ACG membership works. https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/acg-pa ... p#/joining
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

EZTarGet

Post by EZTarGet » Wed May 05, 2021 2:57 pm

Hi Spectre,
Thanks for these informations.
Perhaps my request was poorly worded.
I am already a member of a French squadron: OBT (Open Bar Team), perfect for having a drink for the pre and post briefings. :popcorn:
Several OBT members wish to participate in the Tobruk campaign scheduled for May the 16th. We fly both on the RAF and LW side with a preference for the RAF during campaigns.
So my question is: is the campaign open to everyone and do we have to subscribe to a list so that you can predict the number of participants and thus the server load?
Thanks and sorry for the confusion, if ever.
EZ

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Wed May 05, 2021 6:03 pm

EZ,

That's a bit more tricky, ACG is itself a community/clan/conglomeration and expects participants to be "members" so to speak. The reason is that our campaigns only work when everyone does their part, obviously flying the missions is a big part but we also need to do reports (they're not detailed, they're a drop down menu) and commit to as many Sunday campaign nights as possible (real life circumstances permitting obviously). That being said, if you and your buddies want to join and still be a member of "OBT" I believe that's okay as long as you guys don't bail on our campaign nights to fly with "OBT". I am aware of some ACG members belonging to smaller communities that do other activities and they balance it perfectly fine.

What you should do is PM our recruitment officer "Spigot", he's going to be able to give you a definitive answer and start the ball rolling for you and your friends. I don't want to make any promises, so its best to speak to the person who makes these decisions directly.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Wed May 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi EZ,

Our campaigns are open to ACG members only, people outside the group aren't able to take part. New members are welcome, but we also do campaigns on the il2 GB platform where we've just been flying in the Kuban, so would be wanting new folk to commit to those campaigns as well ideally.

We are careful, however, not to recruit from other squadrons that use the il2 platforms, in case of any clashes or conflicts of interest. Such 'dual clanning' has apparently caused issues in the past so we don't allow new folk who remain members of another group in the il2 community, to avoid any such problems repeating.

If you want, we can find a time to talk on TS and clarify any points.

Spigot

EZTarGet

Post by EZTarGet » Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 am

Hi guys,

Thank you for this clarification.
I wish you the best for your campaign.

Fly safe.

EZ