WIP Spitfire Engine Sound update

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

ATAG Pattle

WIP Spitfire Engine Sound update

Post by ATAG Pattle » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:39 am

WIP improvements to the Spitfire. Not final product.

New sound is built from the ground up harnessing features from FMOD 5, and includes new load effects designed to work in unison with the game driven data as well as new samples at the correct pitch.

The beauty of the loading effects are that when the throttle is pulled back to midrange, the melodious engine effect will be present and in the case of the Merlin's at the correct pitch. It will likely be more noticeable in the finished event.

This new engine sound really provides the sense of the clatter of these enormous engines, with the all the valves and pistons working away.

Let us know what you think.

Regards,

TFS Team.

Talisman

Re: WIP Spitfire Engine Sound update

Post by Talisman » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Great stuff! Well done. Now if TF could just bring about compatibility with SimShaker-Wings software, we could also feel sophisticated vibrations too, just like we can with IL-2 GB and DCS :) https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/128-simshaker/

Happy landings,

Talisman
Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Talisman wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:15 pm
Great stuff! Well done. Now if TF could just bring about compatibility with SimShaker-Wings software, we could also feel sophisticated vibrations too, just like we can with IL-2 GB and DCS :) https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/128-simshaker/

Happy landings,

Talisman
i couldnt get it working for box

Talisman

Post by Talisman » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi Scooby,

SimShaker-Wings for BoX and SimShaker-Aviators for DCS. I would be happy to meet up with you on TS to try and help, so feel free to PM me if you would like.

Happy landings,

Talisman
Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'