Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

SOW

Post by Ginger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:12 pm

Looks like the "Storm of war" servers going back up in Cliffs , so if the Vr test goes well at least there will be a server to fly on? :D
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Re: SOW

Post by Jaydog » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:57 pm

I might dabble in it once VR is avaiable.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:33 pm

That is an interesting move for them. If it is anything like the SoW of the past I will be highly interested.

Charles94

Post by Charles94 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:23 pm

This is great news. Any news when to expect it to be ready? I'm interested in it since it's something I've been waiting for a while.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed May 11, 2022 1:16 pm

I heard 2 weeks

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Sat May 28, 2022 11:42 pm

I heard, due to lack of progress on CloD, lack of updates, lack of news....that there is little interest in restarting it. Time will tell, but I would hazard a guess that TFS, who were going to announce their next module (TF6) in the middle of May, are likely holding off as they want to show any footage/images, with the new graphics update. The delay in getting that out of the door, 'hoped for' by the end of August but no promises, means the announcement will be delayed.

So having SoW up and running before Christmas is unlikely.....as speculation only that is.

SOW Reddog

Post by SOW Reddog » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 pm

It's not a rumour as such. I'm interested in seeing if there's interest to carry a server again for sure. There seems little point however in launching before the patch is released. The latest on that is of course "we hope to release this summer", but given there is little sign of the VR beta wrapping up, it's the end of July and Summer ends in a month and they still have to beta test the clouds, the textures etc I can't really believe they'll hit that deadline. I'd hazard a guess we're more likely to see it around christmas given TFS will still need to get permission to release from Jason et al.

TL;DR, we are in, as ever, the lap of the TFS gods.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi Reddog , i know there's a growing band here who are starting to fly the ATAG missions on a Saturday , so i'am sure we would bet numbers flying it if you get one started.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS